ChunkyChicken's - Indoor/Soil/Multi-Strain - Grow Journal 2012

Day 58 from Seed:

Autos are nearing the end. I pulled one early due to the amber trichs and red to white hair ratio. Buds aren't as swollen but I'm still curious to see how it smokes. It's been drying for 2.5 days so far - I imagine I'll yield about a quarter dry weight. The remaining auto's are looking good. I would estimate 30-35 g of dry weight from the autos combined, anything more would be great. This was my first growing auto's and I'm kind of indifferent. I would really like to seed them out and select the genetics so the yields per plant would be more consistent.

5 more vertigos and a Laughing buddha
IMG_100313.JPG

Vertigo Autos
IMG_100213.JPG

IMG_100113.JPG

IMG_09997.JPG

Drying Vertigo pulled on day 55

IMG_099610.JPG
IMG_099710.JPG

Day 60:

Not much has changed. The Red Dragon and G13-Haze are showing signs of flowering. The auto's are getting close but I'm only pleased with two out of the five. Like I said before it would be nice to seed some out and strengthen the genetics so they'd be more consistent. Perhaps this summer? Also, I'm pumped to this G13-Haze to flower - she has potential to produce a lot of bud under this 600w HPS.

Vertigo day 60:
IMG_101616.JPG

Red Dragon, tops on tops:
IMG_101516.JPG

My Frankenstein G13-Haze topped and LST'd:
IMG_101220.JPG

UPDATE

day 83:

G-13 Haze, Red Dragon and Black Russian: 29th day of 12/12 under 600w HPS
IMG_107614.JPG
IMG_107214.JPG
IMG_107411.JPG
IMG_107510.JPG
IMG_107711.JPG

Black Russian clone: 8 days of Vegging under 400w MH
IMG_108117.JPG

Critical Jack Herer has broken through and is moving along nicely; this plant is going outdoors in 3 months. So I'm going to top her and train her for the summer, leaving roughly 4 months of outdoor veg to get huge.
IMG_108015.JPG

Laughing Buddha was getting too tall too fast so she's being LST'd. My aim is to keep her short and bushy and run her alone using the SCRoG method or just use her as a mother plant. I honestly haven't decided.

IMG_108422.JPG

All five Vertigo autos started to flower after about 12 days of vegging 18/6...So we'll see how this turns out
IMG_108213.JPG
IMG_108316.JPG

Day 96
42nd day of flower - G13Haze, Red Dragon and Black Russian

The Black Russian and Red Dragon are suffering a bit. The're losing fan leaves rapidly. They begin by yellowing until brown and then dying. I've been following the nute schedule of earth juice 1tbsp of bloom per gallon H20 and a half tbsp of grow once a week, only adding microblast and catalyst every so often. The ph of my tap water is high as fuck. It's nearly 9.0. And I double-checked my ph meter and it reads distilled H20 as 7.0 telling me it's accurate. When I first mix my nutes the ph is around 4.8-5.0 so I tend to let it sit a day and it usually jumps right up to around 7.0. Also thought it might be heat stress as it sometimes gets up 90 in the tent but it tends to stay around 84. I know that's a tad high but my g13 is seeing little signs of stress at all. I assume genetics. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here guys and gals. Any thoughts?!

PICS OF BLACK RUSSIAN AND RED DRAGON - 42nd day of flower (they're supposed to take 60-65 days indoor)
IMG_110817.JPG
IMG_110719.JPG
IMG_110614.JPG
IMG_110518.JPG
IMG_110418.JPG
IMG_110315.JPG
IMG_110217.JPG
IMG_110113.JPG

BLACK RUSSIAN CLONE
IMG_109917.JPG

CRITICAL JACK HERER
IMG_110012.JPG

LAUGHING BUDDHA LST'D
IMG_109812.JPG

CLONES TAKEN FROM FLOWERING G13HAZE AND RED DRAGON (ALMOST ALL HAVE SPROUTED ROOTS)

IMG_109614.JPG
IMG_109715.JPG

DAY 112:
DAY 58 flowering

RED DRAGON - Looking a bit better after flush so I'm planning to harvest in roughly 1 week. I've noticed a fair amount of amber tirchomes but want the nugs to fatten up a little more.
IMG_113119.JPG
IMG_112722.JPG
IMG_112815.JPG

G13-HAZE - Looking good, should be done about 2-3 weeks.
IMG_113011.JPG

BLACK RUSSIAN - Should be done around the same time as the RED DRAGON. Fair amount of yellowing but then again, it's late in flowering.
IMG_112914.JPG

MINI Auto VERTIGO - Will probably pull this little guy soon. Really stinky and sugary for such a small girl.
IMG_112617.JPG

BLACK RUSSIAN CLONE - Doing poorly. Purpling stems and droopy look, I assume over watering, so I'm going to wait a bit longer until I water again to see if that has any effect. This girl is going outside in about 2 months so I need to figure out what's going on.
IMG_112318.JPG

CRITICAL JACK HERER - Doing great
IMG_112517.JPG

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Well, everything turned out decent; I'll post some pictures when I can. Unfortunately, I had to move the plants to another location and that impeded my journal progress, but I am now officially a homeowner so the next grow will be a lot less stressful. As far as the Vertigo, from all of the plants I yielded roughly 1 once oz dry. The Red Dragon, G13 and Black Russian yielded about 2 oz collectively. I was pleased considering their size. The G13 smoked very well and was by far the most liked strain. Again, I'm a total noob and under better conditions with a more attentive grower they could have been much better. Now that I have a more stable environment, with less concern about snooping and concealment, and more spent on growing, I would wager the results will be better. That said, I will be starting another grow using a 5 gallon DWC and a Liberty Haze seed as well as beginning a veg of a Liberty Haze and G13 Haze for an outdoor greenhouse grow. My plan is to have them LST'd, shrubby and HUGE by May. Cheers all!

Thank you for the update! I'll move this to Completed Journals now.

When you start your next grow, we would love to have you share it with us!

Feel free to start a new journal here:
Journals In Progress

Hope all is well in your world.
Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom