Cig’s Mars Hydro TSL 2000 x2 With Several Different Strains In Soil

CigNv

Seeds are from Michigan Marijuana Seed Club (MMSC)

Strains:
Fem Autos: 1 of each Cookies, Super Black Rose, Diesel, Grape Jelly
Photo period: 2 of each Trench Buddy, Studio 54, The Drunken Gorilla, The Hammer

Two Mars Hydro TSL 2000 in their own 2’x4’ Mars Hydro tents.

I also have a 1000 watt MH, but not likely to be used here unless I need a little more space for the photo periods to finish vegging later. For now it just has some early test tomatoes and more vegetable seeds under it.

Filters and fans to be added later

Will use basic store nutrients to feed, mostly the same stuff I give my tomato plants.

Soil is potting soil, but after sprouting is usually mixed about 50/50 with old garden soil and/or compost from my many many many oak tree leaves.

I run lights on 24 hours for ease of use and they will also be my main heat source until it gets a bit warmer outside. Grow room is currently in my locked garage out of site but it is only hated by a wood stove.

1st Grow in a long time. This will be a legal grow under Michigan’s new laws.

Gardner for many years and I try to do about 50 to 70 tomato plants a year as well as many pepper, squash, pickles, beans, and anything else that strikes my fancy that year.

Last Saturday (2-15) I setup my new tents and lights and dropped these 12 seeds along with about 200 I will be using for my vegetable garden this year. A few Started popping out of the soil today (2-18)

After a week or so in the tent with the rest of the seedlings, they will get moved to larger 2-3 gallon pots each and moved to the other tent. At the end of May the photo periods will go outside in a locked fenced 16'x16' area I have yet to build .....

Just starting to come out of the soil. I think I will call tomorrow or Thursday the first day of veg.

20200218_232539.jpg
20200218_232221.jpg
20200218_232224.jpg
20200218_232235.jpg
20200218_232438.jpg

9 are up, 2 more are popping through. Only one of The Hammer still shows no signs of anything yet. I will give it another week or so and then just drop another seed if it does not come up.

So I guess 2-20-2020 is a good enough day to call Day 1 of Veg. Let's Grow!

Everyone got up potted today. The autos went into 2 gallon pots and will likely stay there until finished. The photos went into 1 gallon pots and will likely stay in these until I know what sex they are. After I know the sex they will go into a 3.5 gallon pot until ready to go outside.

20200301_183349.jpg

When repotting I mixed 25% Bunny Honey to 75% soil.
Then sprinkled a 1/2 tsp per gallon of soil of Black Magic on the top of the soil and watered them in.
Then added a tablespoon of Fish fertilizer per gallon of water and added it to the drip trays for the soil to soak up from the bottom.

That treatment will be repeated every 2 weeks until flowering bumped up or down in concentration and frequency depending on how they react.

Thinking about trying Black Magic bloom fertilizer when flowering, but have plenty of time to mull that over until then.

The hammer that was a week behind sure liked the bigger pot and is about caught up. Drunken gorilla and studio 54 are still looking like they want a bit more nitrogen so got a dose of fish tonight. The rest are just growing along.

20200307_222111.jpg

The autos started flowering almost a week ago except for the Cookies. Looks like it is just starting now. Did a little LST on them. The rest are moving along all at their own pace but doing ok. One Studio 54 has some real odd leaves. Will just leave it alone for now and see what it does.

20200314_010835.jpg

Going to have to keep a good eye on the Diesel. She is starting to get a few naners. Could be the strain, or could be me stressing her,but won't let it go to waste. I will save the pollen from the first one that opens and use to pollinate a branch or two on all the autos. This one is growing bigger and faster then all the rest so might as well see what happens with some crosses. Then the fun begins when I take her out and put the tweezers to her to get the rest .....

20200314_012915.jpg

The nanner opened up today and I pulled it and spread the pollen over one of the buds on all 4 autos. I will do a couple more then pull all the nanners I can find and turn the fan back on. A good thing is it does not look like it is developing more, so they probably came from stress like the transplant most likely.

Trench Buddy are starting to show pretty good preflowers. Unfortunately it looks like both of them may end up being males.

Two more opened so I added a bit more pollen to the branches that got some yesterday then pulled off the rest of the male flowers I could find. I will try to keep a close eye for more, but only these that have formed around the base of the plant are all I have seen so far.

All the photos got topped this week. Not too bad growth, but gave a few a bit more nutrients than they could handle, so just water for the next few days. Looks like the one bud on the Diesel may be fertilized. Also a group shot and the main stem bud on the Diesel. The normal looking Studio 54 photo (bottom right) is now confirmed female. I found a preflower on her yesterday with pistils. woot!

20200321_120906.jpg
20200321_120742.jpg
20200321_120804.jpg

Found some pistils on a preflower of the Hammer in the bottom left, so two confirmed girls now. Almost positive the other hammer, the replacement one planted a week late, is a boy. Very likely the top left Drunken Gorilla is a girl, a couple more days will tell. I still can't tell on the Trench Budys even though they have had preflowers the longest. Still holding out hope that one is a girl. If so I may end up with at least one of each photo strain to put outside.

I also need to figure out and decide which way I will train and crop the photos. Currently they have all been topped at the 7th node and the bottom two nodes removed. That leaves 5 nodes still growing. Maybe main line, quad line, or maybe just top all of the 10 branches once and let them go. Ultimate goal will be to make them a bit bushy and keep their final height under 6' so they don't grow above the fence outside.

I found pistils on both the Drunken Gorillas today. Looks like 4 girls so far. 1 Studio 54, 1 Hammer, and 2 Drunk Gorilla.

Both trench buddies, one Hammer, and the funny leaf Studio 54 look to be developing sacs, so likely those 4 will be boys. I will cull them after I confirm 100% unless someone local wants them to grow out the pollen.

I am going to feminize a branch on each and have plenty more seeds, so they will not be needed. I may cross a few, any thoughts on which ones I should?

The way they are topped now seems to be growing out good, so will just leave them as is with 5 nodes each and maybe pinch off a top or two here and there to get all the branches about the same height.

All of them were starting to look a bit yellow so I added a good amount of black magic to them all. They seem to be responding well so I will hit them with it about every three to 4 days when they need to be watered.

Back
Top Bottom