Circuit Breaker too small... Engineer help?

If your system is maintaining integrity on the circuits then roll with it. The ac would say if it has dehumidifier. The only way to tell is to calculate the name plate on the unit. The unit is running at 80% capacity after the initial load. As far as the police or fire, When a breaker blows this is a good thing for you if you don't have any experience w electricity. It tells you that something is not right. When you decide to increase breaker sizes and the load is to much with the increased breaker size you are taking fate in your own hands. Wouldn't want to burn the room nor the sweet sticky before she's ready.

This is very true, it seems I will be fine as I am now, the portable AC has a dehumidifier component part to it which shouldn't engage the compressor which I was hoping would mean it was running significantly less amps...

Just a guess, but I would think that in order to dehumidify the air, the unit must run its compressor. I've got an old dehumidifier (can't use it, see above) and it's basically the same thing as an a/c that blows the "waste heat" back into the room.

Other than that, it operates the compressor, cools the "coils" and blows air across them which causes it to cool and the water vapor that it can no longer hold to condense on those coils and drip into the collection tub.

I could be wrong. Your unit might be a Peltier heat pump type or something different.

Back
Top Bottom