CKent's First Grow - Soil - White Widow & Blueberry - 2017

I use an ultrasonic cool mist humidifier. Just a heads up, they powder everything in the minerals from the water including the plants which will inhibit their stomata. You'll possibly first notice signs of mineral residue on the blades of your oscillator fan. This will get plants even if not in the tent. I find if I run the humidifier on the other side of the house eventually the moisture makes it to the growing room by then there's not so many minerals.

These ultrasonic humidifiers don't evaporate the water they vibrate it in to tiny airborne pareticles. Only evaporation would seperate the minerals from the water. Using humidifier from other side of the house means the water can land on surface and then evaporate naturally leaving the powder on your floors and walls instead. Just my twisted way of doing things. Hope this helps

Jari

Thanks for the heads-up.

I just checked what humidifier I bought, By luck it comes with a demineralization feature but I'll certainly keep an eye on the residue.

Mine is a HoMedics too and the demineralization with mine is just a little blue floater. The issue is you will have your humidifier on a lot so they don't really have time to work. The powder isn't the worst thing in the world but if you could get your hands on RO water or a RO filter to make your own then I think that would solve the matter. Either that or a basic water filter to take out the minerals. If you do get an RO kit don't make the same mistake as I did. I'm in the UK and the tap pressure seemed good to me but turns out the filters require a lot of pressure so you may need a pump too

Jari

420-magazine-mobile747123885.jpg

Jari

Day 18

The humidity is steady around 70% and temp similarly conisstent in the 70s range.

The nute burn was less significant for the WWs than the BB.
The BB did take quite a hit - I mixed less perlite into that pot and so wonder if that had an impact (still not added any nutes to the FF soil) or perhaps she's a little more sensitive as a strain?
The BB has had far slower growth but there are good recovery signs now and so I'm hoping that she will still turn out ok.
The WW both seem to be going from strength to strength

Plants were watered about 5 days ago and the soil is stil damp.
Going to do some research on nutes this week.

Pics below (for reference they are in 1 gallon pots)
Group shot
IMG_208724.JPG

WW1
IMG_209130.JPG

WW2
IMG_209035.JPG

BB
IMG_209430.JPG

Day 22

The plants (WW1 and WW2 have grown nearly an inch in the past 3 days) BB is still struggling with what seems to be the after shock of her nute burn.

Yesterday I watered the plants again (the soil wasnt bone dry but it had been 8 days since their last watering)

I added some nutes for the first time. And used 1/4 strength Fox Farm - Grow Big.
I Ph tested the run off water and it came in around 6.25

Starting to research FIM technique - am considering when is best to do this as I think I have a few more weeks of Vegging to go.

Day 40

Still slow growth, have improved the air circulation and so impacted on the temp and humidity,
I played aorund with the ventilation schedule and so now have the extraction running every 1.5 hours for .5 hour.
Doing this has impacted on humidity and temp so I added the seedling mat and thermostat - seems to be a constant balancing act!

I've fimed the plants now - and am thinking of transfering to some 3 gallon pots today.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom