CKS Auto Jack Herer - Indoor - Week 11-12

onewarmguy

Hey All: Here's a little update on my Autoflower Jack Herer from CKS. Miracle Mix (sterilized potting soil with neutral Ph) in 5 gal cloth pots- 1000 Wt HPS 18/6 - Green Planet nutes. Here's some new photo's, things seem to be coming along nicely.

They're now in their 4th of 9 weeks into flower and I noticed in the macro pics that I'm starting to get some trichome formation. Excited, I love this point in my plants growth all the work finally coming together.
:yahoo:
My thrip issues seem to be under control after repeated applications of organic insecticidal soap, but I'm going to re-spray every few days til I'm sure just to be safe. I broke my 20X magnifier and the little buggers are too small to see by my old eyeballs. I'm going to give them a hell of a rinse prior to harvest and probably wash the buds to get the residue off.

One concern that I'd like to throw out there for comment, the leaf edges at the bud sites seem to be getting yellowish at the tips. Nutrient issue? Another damn bug? I'm not sure. Can anybody share their wisdom?

P9116965RC.jpg
P9116966RC.jpg
P9116959RC.jpg
P9116938R.jpg
P9116970R.jpg
P9116972RC.jpg

Are you giving nutes? If so are you adding cal mag as well?

Thanks for stepping up Blazin, I have the same chart. I'm using Pro Cal from Green Planet, same thing (calcium magnesium, iron). 2.6 ml/litre every other watering. The mix contains 8 different nutes, proportions below for 1 litre container, I'm in week 5 of bloom with 4 weeks more to go according to Crop King. I'm also starting to add Terpinator to the mix to encourage trichome formation.
:allgood:

GP_Nute_feeding_chart.JPG

Thanks for stepping up Blazin, I have the same chart. I'm using Pro Cal from Green Planet, same thing (calcium magnesium, iron). 2.6 ml/litre every other watering. The mix contains 8 different nutes, proportions below for 1 litre container, I'm in week 5 of bloom with 4 weeks more to go according to Crop King. I'm also starting to add Terpinator to the mix to encourage trichome formation.
:allgood:

GP_Nute_feeding_chart.JPG

Those amounts are really strong, I would cut them in half if you are using the whole line, its calling for 56ml per gallon, thats like 1600ppm or more
Less is more with cannabis, I've had plants go from start to finish with barely any food and look happy, never had a plant look happy with the slightest bit too much of something.

What's your pH?
420-magazine-mobile470482228.jpg

That could be why she doesn't suck it up.
Jack was always finicky in flower for me

I'm growing in dirt so I always try and keep it around 6.5. I Ph balance with cider vinegar because it tests out around 7.5 out of the tap. learned that lesson in my last grow (damn cheap Ph meters). I reduced my nute levels by 30% with the exception of my pro cal (cal. mag. iron) which I've increased by 20% and she's holding her own and actually might be improving, it's hard to tell cause it's a slow process and I seen them every day. Buds are starting to thicken up and getting sticky. wooohoo!

Hi folks, I throwing out this SOS on a couple of forums and I'm hoping to get some info. From the looks of things I have a serious problem with a zinc deficiency, and I'm starting to think I may have created a nute lockout when I changed from grow to flower nutrients. In the past 5 days my leaves have gone from photo 1 to photo 2 and my lower leaves are turning yellow and crispy brown. I'm thinking I need to flush does everybody agree? My tap water Ph is about 7.5 and I'm growing in a good potting soil/perlite mix in 5 gal cloth geo pots the girls are in their 5th week of flower (CKS says 9 weeks of flower to harvest). Do I need to ph all 10 gallons of the flush water? How quickly should I complete flushing 1 hour, 1 day? Once flushing is complete, how soon can I add 1/2 strength cal mag and terpinator?
Photo1

P9116970c.JPG

Photo 2

P9207022c.JPG

Photo 3

P9207029c.JPG

Hi folks, I throwing out this SOS on a couple of forums and I'm hoping to get some info. From the looks of things I have a serious problem with a zinc deficiency, and I'm starting to think I may have created a nute lockout when I changed from grow to flower nutrients. In the past 5 days my leaves have gone from photo 1 to photo 2 and my lower leaves are turning yellow and crispy brown. I'm thinking I need to flush does everybody agree? My tap water Ph is about 7.5 and I'm growing in a good potting soil/perlite mix in 5 gal cloth geo pots the girls are in their 5th week of flower (CKS says 9 weeks of flower to harvest). Do I need to ph all 10 gallons of the flush water? How quickly should I complete flushing 1 hour, 1 day? Once flushing is complete, how soon can I add 1/2 strength cal mag and terpinator?
Photo1

P9116970c.JPG

Photo 2

P9207022c.JPG

Photo 3

P9207029c.JPG

Looks more like a deficiency than something that needs flushed, if I flushed it I would do it with 1/2 strength nute water and just water till heavy runoff. What media and nutes/amount are you using?
Why I say that, is when it's nute burn or toxicity all of the leaves usually wilt and claw, your top leaves are not clawing.
Looks to be Ca, P, and K deficiencies, could be nute lockout but no way to know without your watering/fertilizer regimen.

Looks more like a deficiency than something that needs flushed, if I flushed it I would do it with 1/2 strength nute water and just water till heavy runoff. What media and nutes/amount are you using?
Why I say that, is when it's nute burn or toxicity all of the leaves usually wilt and claw, your top leaves are not clawing.
Looks to be Ca, P, and K deficiencies, could be nute lockout but no way to know without your watering/fertilizer regimen.

Thanks Luweedgi, This whole problem started shortly after I switched my Green Planet (GP) nutes from veg to flower stage the schedule is shown above on this post but someone else has said that my nute levels were over 1800 PPM. I've been adding the GP equivalent of cal mag every other watering. It's not in the photo's but some of the sugar leaves from the top cola are yellowing and clawing up. In any event, I flushed this afternoon with about 8 or 9 gallons of distilled water ph'd to 6.2 or so and trimmed off the worst of the affected leaves hopefully the others will recover. I'm going to let it dry out for 2 or 3 days then add cal mag and terpinator at half strength and see what happens.

Hopefully she'll come back strong, I'm just starting to see some trichome formation with my naked eye but I've still got about 3 - 4 weeks minimum til I can chop her.

Flush and get your water more like 6.8
Flush all at once. Water with half, let set for a couple min and finish.
Let her dry out completely and then see what she looks like

Wish me luck Blazin, I flushed her out with about 8 or 9 gallons of distilled water Ph'd to about 6.2 and trimmed the worst of the affected leaves. Hopefully some of the others will recover, I'll post some more pics in a few days.

Well folks, looks like my flush may have come a little too late. :oops: The leaf edges are continuing to turn yellow and the condition is starting to appear in some of the secondary leaves close to the flowers. I'm going to try another flush and see what happens. Surprisingly enough I'm continuing to see the pistils turning red and trichome development in the buds as you can see. I'm tempted just to lollipop the whole plant but apparently I've still got about 3 weeks to full development of my buds. Does anyone suspect that it might be the buds drawing nutrients away from the rest of the plant? Could it be the answer is more nutes rather than less?

Either way with the trichomes I can see it won't be a total waste of my time, but I really wanted to go for a higher CBD content this year which requires full maturity before harvest.

P9267038.JPG
P9207022c.JPG
P9267039.JPG
P9267045.JPG
P9267040cc.JPG

Looks like P, K, Mg, and maybe S and Ca deficiencies to me, if it were a toxicity most likely all and not some of the leaf tips would be burnt and clawing. Some of your leaves look straight, not burnt too bad and healthier than others. That tells me it's hungry for something and using the leaves for food.

Well folks I thought I'd post an update just to let you know what's happening. Surprisingly enough my buds are producing an enormous quantity of trichomes despite most of the fan leaves turning yellow. I tried adding more cal mag but it's getting so close to harvest (7 - 10 days) that I don't want to add more nutrients although I have put some galvanized nails into the soil to try and bump up my zinc levels a little. Let me know what you think....Please. The last pic is a bit unusual I used my flash while the white balance on my camera was adjusted for HPS lighting. It turned my flowers blue but not the leaves!

PA197392.JPG
PA197398.JPG
PA197393.JPG

PA197355.JPG

Back
Top Bottom