'Classy' Dispensary To Open In Edwards

A Boulder man says he wants to open a "classy and sophisticated" medical marijuana dispensary in Edwards in Eagle County.

Bryan Swanton, 30, plans to open the dispensary in the former UPS building in the Edwards Village Center off Edwards Village Boulevard.

"I'm concerned with making a place that's classy, and where people tend to be very respectful and people have a feeling this is a professional and legitimate business, instead of sticking with the stereotype of it being a back corner place where you get your stuff," he said.

Swanton hopes to open the dispensary "as soon as possible." He's working on signing a lease for the 1,100-square-foot building.

Swanton is thinking about calling his business "Buds" Premier Dispensary. He plans to sell his product to people who hold legal registration cards to use the drug for medical purposes.

"Ultimately, a lot of what I imagine I will find in Vail are people who have had serious injuries, and many of them will suffer from chronic pain," he said. "There will be other diagnoses left and right, but that's something I really want to focus on is helping people understand strain names and quantities that can help them more. I'm going to come in with a whole onslaught of very carefully dosed edibles."

This would be the second medical marijuana dispensary to open in Edwards. The other dispensary – New Hope Wellness Center – opened earlier this month. The town of Avon also received its first application for a dispensary business license this month.

Swanton said he's working with a Denver doctor who will screen patients for medical marijuana use. The doctor will be seeing patients Sept. 12 at the Vail Marriott.

Edwards resident Ryan Spinks, who has been pre-screening patients, said he's received more than 100 calls from people who are curious about medical marijuana.

"Anything from people who are very interested and just have questions all the way to people with serious debilitating medical conditions including cancer and HIV, as well as chronic pain patients who are in wheelchairs," he said.

Swanton said people who suffer from chronic nausea, chronic pain, glaucoma, cancer, chronic seizures and irritable bowel syndrome could qualify.

A medical marijuana grower in Boulder, Swanton holds a bachelor's degree in molecular cellular and developmental biology from the University of Colorado at Boulder. He had been planning to go to law school when he decided to open a dispensary instead.

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Steamboat Pilot & Today
Author: Sarah Mausolf
Copyright: 2009 Steamboat Pilot & Today

Back
Top Bottom