Clawing down - Why?

jmills826

Hey the smaller plant in the front there is 5 wk old and the leaves have been clawing dwn the past week, is this a nute deficiency, wind stress (it is close to a fan) or heat stress or none of the above. Please help... Whatever it is i think its stunted its growth, it seems like it hasnt had any noticeable growth in days... If you need more info on the grow to determine the problem check my grow journal, all the info you need is here...
Newbie Grow Journal 1st Entry JMills

20170416_220532.jpg

This can be many reasons why clawing is occuring.

1. Overwatered (to much can lead to wilting down or clawing)

2. Underwatered (do the leaves perk up once fed if so then its underwatered.

3. To windy (to much air flow strength onto the leaves)

4. Heat issue (to much heat on plants or in the grow area)

5. Rootbound (plant roots out grew the pot size and the plant needs to be transplanted to bigger pot)

I personally would say rootbound as you have not seen any noticiable growth.

Hey there,

that "eagle claw" where it's bent down just on the tips of your fan leaves is a sign of nitrogen toxicity. If you aren't root bound, I would suggest flushing with PHed water and then resuming feeding with half strength nutes until your ladies bounce back. I hope this helps and good luck.

Nitrogen toxicity. Heat,wind, overwatered,underwatered ,root bound doesn't look like this.
Heat makes the taco up. Not down.
Root bound they simply stop growing. Good luck.

Im positive its nitrogen toxicity now, im going to flush when she dries a lil. What temp should the water be when i flush? Ive read around 72°...

Im positive its nitrogen toxicity now, im going to flush when she dries a lil. What temp should the water be when i flush? Ive read around 72°...

As the gentleman above me said, room temperature is fine. It should be around the same temp as your soil so you dont shock your plant. Exactly as the gentleman above me said... I'd give his comment a like if I knew how to use this confounded forum. I'm new and came to help! :thumb:

Edit: I figured out how to like. Look at me go. Also, side note and back on topic, ensure that you also have the proper PH in addition to temperature. I believe soil grows should be around 6.5 - 7.0 PH level.

Back
Top Bottom