claws?

dexterslab

hi guys, newb here, and need your opinions...

i got skunk #1 feminised from sensi seeds, don't have experience with this plant, noticed there are 2 distinctive phenotypes among them, one more sativa like and other indica like, they are 2 weeks old in vegetative stage, grown from seed, curently (no need from full power yet cuz there small and fit here) at area of 2 m2 under 1 MH and 2 HPS (alltogether 3 x 400 w not air cooled)...ventilation is good 8" in and out fans with varible voltage control...

now the first problems happened like 4 days ago when outside temperatures got too high for this time of year and i wasnt home and overnight they were at like 95 F, got some lesser to medium heat stress - leaves curling up...i raised already high lights (1.5 feet) to like 2 feet distance and since then holding temps around 75 almost never above, they got better in a day or two, then again i wanted to lower the lights just slightly to like 16" and in a few hours they started to curl up pretty bad, but it shure wasnt too hot for my hand, cant figure it out, i used to put lights much closer on other grows...also had some slight problems with droppines of lower leaves on few plants, like overwatering but not shure its that, i water every second day 200-250ml water, just weight the pot to check when needed...

now the real problems - claws! started like 2 days ago, i don't believe its too much nitrogen cuz they were never fertilized till today with just 1/4 of recommended, and just few plants to try it out, and not rootbound cuz they were trasplanted like 5 days ago into these 10L /2.6gal(?) pots...and later today i see few grey-brownish spots with slight discoloration on one plants tip of the leave and few really small yellow spikes on same leaf but along the side...this plant was not fertilized but even if it was it would be too early to show signs...

forgot to mention, RH is little lower 25-40%, usually around 30%...

here are some pics for you to see whats up...

some babies from the group:
photo0039u.jpg

claws:
348627891.jpg

some heavy badass claws on new growth:
photo0040m.jpg

deformed droppy lower leaf:
photo0032y.jpg

and one less indica dominant pheno:
photo0037t.jpg

thanks, as i said im a newb...

another thing i forgot to mention, i did a quick ph test which is not too accurate because of the quickness but its around 6.4-6.5, and thats still in takeup range of all nutes...

all right, let me answer my own questions...in a rush i accidently tested ph with uncalibrated ph meter which looks the same as the other newer one...

todays results show that ph is around 7.4 and that makes sense looking at the simptoms that show more and more that ph is off, and as it seems to me P, K, and Mg deficiencies caused by ph lockup...i have mistaken leaves curling upward for heat stress, which few days earlier acctually was heat stress of 95 F temp, but now as temps are under 75 i am almost certain its Mg deficiency...

opinions are still appreciated...

all right, let me answer my own questions...in a rush i accidently tested ph with uncalibrated ph meter which looks the same as the other newer one...

todays results show that ph is around 7.4 and that makes sense looking at the simptoms that show more and more that ph is off, and as it seems to me P, K, and Mg deficiencies caused by ph lockup...i have mistaken leaves curling upward for heat stress, which few days earlier acctually was heat stress of 95 F temp, but now as temps are under 75 i am almost certain its Mg deficiency...

opinions are still appreciated...

Hey dexter, go check the following links, this should help you identify your issues, if not, let us know...

How to Ask for Grow Support

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Back
Top Bottom