Cleaning a grinder?

Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
Just got my first grinder after MANY years of smoking. Got a nice metal one with a screen and a kief catcher. How do you clean the grinder/cutter section? I notice there is already some build up in that area....

I have been using these steel/aluminum grinders for years, I have a pressurized sprayed on my sink at work for doing dishes with, I use it to spray clean the grinders pieces.. I spray it down with very hot water and scrub with your normal dish scrubber,and dish soap if needed.. It works very well for the screen too, I think the screen needs to be cleaned more often to allow kief to pass through as well... Or you could soak it in 90% alcohol over night and then rinse, its like 1.87$ at the store

Or you could soak it in 90% alcohol over night and then rinse, its like 1.87$ at the store

This. The red-labeled quart bottle at Wal-mart. Then use an old toothbrush on it to break everything loose the next day and rinse well with hot water. Dry and use.

If it's stuff getting gummed up in there, scrape it off or pop it loose when you see it. I use a poker wire to do both.

:peace:

I had a metal hand grinder that I have been using for years, but it had gotten so gunked up that I figured it was going to take a major cleaning to get it all freed up and able to be used again. The other night I simply poured a little 70% ISO in there and rotated it a few times. It suddenly freed up and turned as if it was new. Opening it up was a nightmare though, because there was black gook everywhere. So I took about 1/4 of a paper towel and shredded it up and put it in the grinder. Now after 10 or so turns, the black gook is gone, having been easily removed by the shredded paper towel. My grinder isn't totally clean after this quick clean, but it is 1000% more useful than it was before I did this.

Back
Top Bottom