Cleaning your bong

NoDirtWeed4Me

Hey just wanted to give everybody a little tip that I've just discovered to cleaning your bong. I don't know about everybody else but my bong gets this layer of resin right arount the water line that up till now I've never been able to get off. I tried scrubbing it, soaking it in hot water and several different soaps but nothing put a dent in it. This morning my wife bought this Dawn Power Degreaser, she sprayed it on the greasy pans from last nights fried chicken and the shit just dissolved. I thought shit maybe it could help with the bong a little, so I tried it. I sprayed the shit in there, let it sit a few seconds, rinsed it out with hot water and fuck me if it wasn't spottless. Just thought I'd let everyone know. My bong is like brand new again. :bong:

The way my bong is set up its very hard to clean, I have tried everything. And since its a decent size bong maybe 2ft from the floor, I need something that will get in there and scrub it, I can actually fit my hand inside of it but where the stem for the bowl sits makes it hard.

I will have to try that, Im sure this thing has not been cleaned out in I dont know how many years. not that I dont try.

I bet the inside of mine is fucking filthy lol. I don't clean mine on the inside only the bowl and stem. Haven't cleaned the inside since November 2002, I hear thats not good to pull smoke from cause of bacteria or something....Don't remember.

Scarecrow said:
I hear thats not good to pull smoke from cause of bacteria or something....Don't remember.

Yeah I can see where that wouldn't be very good for you.

TB25 said:
The way my bong is set up its very hard to clean, I have tried everything. And since its a decent size bong maybe 2ft from the floor, I need something that will get in there and scrub it, I can actually fit my hand inside of it but where the stem for the bowl sits makes it hard.

I will have to try that, Im sure this thing has not been cleaned out in I dont know how many years. not that I dont try.

That's the great thing! No scrubbing!! I actually just used this on one of my glass bowls the hole in it was so closed up with resin it was getting hard to draw through. Soaked it in this stuff rinsed it off and blammo! clean as a mother fucker. :allgood:

Oh man, when I cleaned the hole ( stem is what I call it) there was a very nice suprise. resin with cat hair all over it. The thing had not been cleaned in years. And yes it was vey hard to get a pull. once cleaned though man o man you would pull and take it to big and burn your lungs.

The bong I have is dark green and plastic, very thick plastic. And very nice.

Have you tried putting Ice in your water bongs, Ice make everything go more smoothly. take a nice big hit and let the ice chill it for you so you dont burn yourself

TB25 said:
Have you tried putting Ice in your water bongs, Ice make everything go more smoothly. take a nice big hit and let the ice chill it for you so you dont burn yourself

Yeah I love ice in the bong all cool...mmmmmm.....but it does filter out more of the smoke so you don't get as fucked up. But that's ok just smoke more. :bong:

Not that I don't like resin or can't hang with it it's just I'd rather smoke bud. I like the taste of bud alot better and if you've got it smoke it. Plus I'm too lazy to collect the resin. To me the bud tastes better out of a clean bong. To each their own of course.

works like a charm
and mmmmmmmm krispy kreme!

they closed the location right beside my house =(
those bums!

I haven't put ice in my bong in a long time
I think i will today!
also my old one needs a cleaning very badly!

KK, oh my, so yummy. I can only eat 1 tho, after that my stomach doesn't like it. I'm not a junk food and grease food type of person. Only healthy food ;)

I'll have to try that degreaser product someday. :allgood: It did work wonders for you!

Thank you Kittyloaf I'm with you. If it gets smoked because it's already coating your bowl fine but to collect it and smoke just the resin? I'm not a fan.

Scarecrow said:
I bet the inside of mine is fucking filthy lol. I don't clean mine on the inside only the bowl and stem. Haven't cleaned the inside since November 2002, I hear thats not good to pull smoke from cause of bacteria or something....Don't remember.

For one, if you never clean your bong, it gets moldy in there. Then, you are pulling your smoke through a layer of mold, making the smoke taste horrid to the max. The more you let the mold build up, the harder it's gonna be to clean. Clean your bong for gods sake, it takes 2 minutes. Rubbing alcohol has always worked best for me.

Back
Top Bottom