ClearEyesPlz First Time Grow With Backyard Soil!

ClearEyesPlz

Hey everybody! About 3 weeks ago my roommate and I decided to plant our random seeds because the strain we had sampled was amazing and hopefully the seeds we found are of the same strain, which I believe was orange haze. The other seeds could potentially be OG, but then again...maybe not! The soil that I used to sprout the seedlings is soil from my yard. The thing about this soil from is that it sustains multiple fruit trees that give us delicious fruit every spring. So i dug up and sifted some soil from around the fruit tree area and planted the germinated seeds in blue plastic cups. Out of the 10 that I planted, 5 seedlings sprouted. Currently two are about to die :( So lame! I should also mention that I have been growing them inside of my room in the window sill area using only sunlight. I plan on buying more items like lights and distilled water when I get paid next week! :)

What strain is it? 4 random seeds and hopefully 1 orange haze. None are feminized
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? N/A
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedling stage
If in Veg... For how long? Seedlings for about 2-3 weeks
If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro?
If soil... what is in your mix? Backyard fruit tree soil & Miracle Grow organic potting mix
If soil... What size pot? Small cup/styrofoam bowls
Size of light? Only sunlight as of now
Is it aircooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? Not sure, but my room is and gets the warmest in the house.
RH of Room/cab? Not sure
PH of media or res? Not sure
Any Pests? No
How often are you watering? 3 or 4 times a day, depending on how dry the soil looks with purified tap water
Type and strength of ferts used? None yet, but I was planning on buying some bat guano

All of the seedlings except for the largest one is currently in a white styrofoam bowl
This is one of the random seeds. Seems like it might be sativa?
Sativa_Seedling1-2.jpg
Sativa_Seedling_1.jpg

This one got a little burned a few days ago but might stay alive
Burnt_Seedling_1-2.jpg
Burnt_Seedling_1.jpg

This baby seedling got super burned in the sun on the same day as the others and has been slowly shriveling up. Idk what to do!! :(
Crispy_Seedling_1.jpg

This one is damn near a crispy stick! :( idk what happened. I guess it's due to stretching...but I don't have lights yet
So_Burnt_.jpg

This seedling is hopefully the orange haze. I planted all the germinated seeds on the same day and after only two days this little beast was already sprouting and hasn't slowed down since. It looks like a sativa but I'm not totally sure. I just transplanted it into a 1 gallon grey pot with half of my backyard soil and half MG mixed up
My_baby_1.jpg
My_baby_3.jpg
My_baby_2.jpg

I want these 5 to stay alive, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen. Any help or advice in general would be great! I hope I grow some Da-dank-da-dank!!! :D

Re: ClearEyesPlz First Time Grow with backyard soil!!

I am new also. I do have some input but I am sure others will chime in. The soil maybe to thick, as in you may need to cut it with perlite so it drains well. Also how many hours a day are they getting sun light? The stretch I am seeing is from not enough sun, IMHO. I would try to get these plants under lights ASAP. If they continue to stretch you could run into issues. Also be careful on the watering. You do not want to over water. I hope this info is helpful. If you have time check out my grow as it will give you an idea of how my indoor closet grow is going.

-TG :peace:

Re: ClearEyesPlz First Time Grow with backyard soil!!

Thanks TG! I wil make sure to pick some up on my next upgrade. I'm not really sure what type of lights to buy, where to get them or how much they cost. I saw your journal and your plants are crazy big! I was thinking about doing low stress training but I'm nowhere near that stage yet.

Not sure where you are at but ebay and amazon have lights as do the sponsors. You will need more items than just the lights. Temp and humidity control are very important. You will need fans. If you are trying to do this stealth you may also want a carbon filter and fan. I only have one plant and need a filter at 3 weeks from seed as my whole house was smelly. When you get ready to feed which will be quicker than you may realize I suggest Blue Planet Nutrients or Canna as I have switched from the Canna to the BPN. BPN are reasonably priced and designed for our plants. Feel free to ask me questions at anytime and if I do not respond here you are welcome to post them in my journal.

-TG

I'll check those sites out! And with the stealth my roommates don't care about the smell but our neighbors might :laugh: I was planning on buying some bat guano to use as a nutrient tea but I'm down to use the BPN also. I checked out the site but it was kind of confusing...haha. I made a makeshift mini growroom from a 75w light bulb suspended by my lamp and my plants seem to like it better than the sunlight. And thanks pickslee!!! :thumb:

Soil compaction is a very serious crime, and if you ain't got it now ...you will have, tiny baby roots don't grow thru compressed earth, yeah big trees move concrete.
For now if I were you.. gently repot to a $5.00 bag of seedling mix, and shelter for a day or two, you are moving the plant away from the window at night yes? good...otherwise the poor water sodden plant may look like some of the photos above.
Although your intentions are good, serious bugs and disease live in that soil, those fruit trees are old enough, tough enough to handle
that nute deficient soil, understand that it's WAR in the garden outside.
Once paid get a small hand spray bottle, and spray the plant, rather than drenching it...in time read up about foilar feeding,and lumens required.

peace
"V"

Soil compaction is a very serious crime, and if you ain't got it now ...you will have, tiny baby roots don't grow thru compressed earth, yeah big trees move concrete.
For now if I were you.. gently repot to a $5.00 bag of seedling mix, and shelter for a day or two, you are moving the plant away from the window at night yes? good...otherwise the poor water sodden plant may look like some of the photos above.
Although your intentions are good, serious bugs and disease live in that soil, those fruit trees are old enough, tough enough to handle
that nute deficient soil, understand that it's WAR in the garden outside.
Once paid get a small hand spray bottle, and spray the plant, rather than drenching it...in time read up about foilar feeding,and lumens required.

peace
"V"

Thanks vastok for the help!! I don't really want to repot them into the seedling mix because I don't want them to experience shock because it would be my third transport on the babies. I was thinking about buying three 1 gallon light warrior containers to improve oxygen exposure. I just got a spray bottle and I have been much more lenient on watering. There don't seem to be any bugs in the soil I am using and I will most likely be buying Blue Planet nutrients soon :cheesygrinsmiley:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom