Clipping wings

a while back I was watching atv show on bbc america maybe some of you saw called should i smoke dope. anyway she was in a coffee shop i think and they had some plants growing in the background. there was a guy triming jost the ends of some fan leaves off. kinda like clipping a parots wings so it could not fly. what is the purpose of this? not the hole leaf just the tip of it with a pair of sissors. just curious:hookah:

a lot of people trim the leaves like that when taking cuttings. The smaller amount of surface area the leaf has to lose water will help it stay hydrated a little while longer. I've personally taken clones trimming and not trimming the tips and haven't noticed any difference or reason to do it.

thanks crimson, i just wondered if there was a benafit for the plant itself. the show was pretty cool she got a job in a amsterdam coffee shop so she could smoke for pay. what a gig!:Namaste:

that would be a great gig to do part time lol.

As far as benefits, theres not really any for a growing plant. If she was doing minor pruning that is beneficial to promote a plant to bush out and create more bud sites, but if its just the tips of leaves it isn't going to do anything but possibly stress the plant.

sweet iwas reading about your kitty probably 1/2 way thru great story so far. just burned a couple of tokes and got lost there. you are gonna get me in trouble i gots things to do.lol thanks for the info:theband:

lol that was a crazy experience. fortunately they were just really small bagseed seedlings and I didn't lose much, but coming home to 9 plants ripped out of their cups is a bit disturbing haha.

I feel ya bro, I have a jack russle terriost dog that only likes the realy good stuff. I know it sounds kinda loose but I uset to let my stash sit on the table at that time just some comercial. no pboblem right? any way a freind started a grow and I scored sum from him. that ffnnnn dog found it and then proceeded to eat everything includeing the bag! idid not kill her but i wanted too.so I got some more .this time I put it in aplastic bowl with a lid. she got it again. fool me once fool me twice.anyway great grow with the new light! I know its not new now.
Im on my first indoor grow and if I wasnt so scared I would post some pics. I started like you with bagg seed. got two nice plants going and one was adaddy rip. the other is a lady and I think worthy of 420 mag.I fimed her and then lsted. got 12 different colas and they look awsome! of course with a little help from my freinds at 420. on that note I am using a 400w hps for flowering and the distance from the plant is about 30 inches . do you think that its to far away? every thing looks cool to me, oh yeah still got the terriost:)

Back
Top Bottom