Clone Dome

ZebSoames

Has anyone used a bubbler in a humidity dome for cloning? This is my first attempt at cloning. Can't mist all day long so put it in. The RH stays around 95% now.

That's interesting. Is the space heater for overall heat? That'll suck the humidity out of the room for sure. But, if you need it..... very creative though. Hope it works/ helps. I say it often, but I think a good heat matt is a great investment for growers. Keeping the medium, in this case Rockwool, warm ideally around 70 degrees, is helpful for rooting.

The heater is for the whole set up. Have a 2.5x2.5x5 tent for bloom. A 2x3x4 box for veg and then a 2x3x3 for the clone dome all connected with 6in ducting and a 6in inline fan.
With out the bubbler I can't keep the humidity up. Heat sucks it out. Stays around 35% RH. With the bubbler it stays around 95% RH

I think 95 is going to make it tough for the leaves to breath. But, I've never ran them that high so you'll find out. But, Id try to lower it a bit. I love the idea and ingenuity.

After a few days you can crack the bottom a bit to let some humidity out. As long as it is enclosed you may not need the bubbler part. I have very little natural humidity here. I use a tote that is similar to your dome. I spray once a day and the container has still holds beads of water on the sides but the leaves are not covered in moister. The big T-5 light heats the interior of the tote enough that I don't need more. Big light so that may differ for you.

I leave it covered for the first week only letting fresh air in when I sprayed the clones. After that I started cracking the lid letting in fresh air. If the sides dry out to much I just put the lid back on all the way. Best to keep covered if you are not there to monitor it. To dry and to wet are the enemy now.

Not sure what your floor temp is. getting the clones off the floor might do wonders if you need a little more warmth.

So it's day two for the 8 clones. Looking good so far.
Yes. I neeed a heat mat for sure.
The RH was at 92% at 77°f when I first peeked in on them this morning. I slightly opened a vent on top trying to slowly lower the RH.
The air stone is doing really well so far. Going to add this to my "how to clone" file.
The light I have them under is a 150w cfl in an old ballast. Once I have roots I'll get all hempy with it useing solo cups to start.

Holy crap, it worked!!! So you just have a mason jar with water bubbling in your propagation dome? How often are you needing to refill the "res?" :goodjob:

Holy crap, it worked!!! So you just have a mason jar with water bubbling in your propagation dome? How often are you needing to refill the "res?" :goodjob:
I only had to refill it once. It helped alot I think. I have big ass heater in the clone box. With out the bubbler the RH stayed about 25%. With it the RH Would have stayed at 100% if I didn't vent it just a bit

New growth
20181116_150908.jpg
20181116_150914.jpg

Update:
Been about 20 days for the clones. And all 13 are still kicking. New growth on everyone. Have to water the solo cups eveeyday now. Not sure when I can up pot them to 2 liter hempy as I have six other plants in flower.
20181124_153712.jpg
20181124_153657.jpg
20181124_153651.jpg
20181124_153617.jpg

Back
Top Bottom