Clone help

billy13778

I have 2 clones planted into soil using clear plastic cups. I see 2 roots in one of them and 5 roots in the other one, maybe 2 to 3 inches long. how many roots do I need to see before I replant them into a bigger pot? wait until they grow out the bottom? should I cover up the plastic to hide the roots from the light?

help - these are the only two clones that I have been successful with after killing a dozen.

billy

There are some really good tutorials here that answer your question. If you are going to grow these amazing plants you gotta learn. Read, read, read.

Tape up those cups. Roots don't like light. Cover them.

Don't over water or over feed. Those are are the two biggest mistakes of newbie growers. Now that they have roots let the soil dry out, or close to it every once in a while. They don't like their feet wet ALL the time - would you? Use half strength nutes for the next three weeks or so, then slowly ramp up to full strength. Review tutorials here on what kind and mixtures to use for nutes. You do have holes in the bottom for drainage, right?

Transplant when they are over 6 inches tall, but don't wait till they're 12 inches. When you transplant put them into pots the size they're going to live in the rest of their lives - fewer transplants means less shock and recovery time.

Read the tutorials here. You have a lot to learn - but it is the journey that is the best part. And believe me - - the journey never ends. I learn something new EVERY DAY.

Welcome aboard.

~ Auggie ~

Back
Top Bottom