Clone issue

Pjpoppet

Hey folks, a clone I took 3 weeks ago has run into some issues, wilting, yellowing leaves, purple stems, I started it in coco/ perlite, it was doing reasonably ok, it’s still under CFL 5700k x 25w x4, I tried more light by turning on the 300W led light, it worsened, I tried less watering/feeding and no change, then straight ph adjusted watering only, today I swapped her into a larger pot 5 litre and changed into organic soil, the roots looked good, my theory was not enough nitrogen even though she was getting 1/4 strength nutes once she became rooted/ established, hopefully the soil will carry her through to health, photo attached, open to suggestions, many thanks.

How long do you go between all these changes you're doing? Seems like you're doing a lot, with a new or young plant, in a short period of time. Has this plant looked like this for three weeks?

I’ve been careful not to do too much, trying then testing, over three weeks, came home today and it really looks no better, I’ll let it dry right out over the next week, failing that it’s got me stumped.

New growth looks fine. Be patient.

Personally, I'd take all that lower growth outa there. Everything below the third node down goes. Then sit on her a few days.

And she still gets worse, help me obi-wan you’re my only hope. Some leaves curling up, some curling down, some stem purple some stem green, yellow and green leaves, WTF, no water for almost 2 days, hesitant to give her a drink.
image.jpg

Update, she gradually worsened to utter disarray, but it the bullet and transferred to DWC in an effort to save her, I think she’s doing ok, it’s been 2 days since the transfer, take a peek, do you think she will pull through?
763FA7CF-018A-4D16-A007-3139E159F46F.jpeg

She’s booming now, still a little tip burn, growing fast though. Only got ppm at 800, but she’s drinking it up fast, all looks good, can almost say completely saved, but not just yet.
77454392-0851-46C4-978D-C7913B339D0C.jpeg

The stretching continues, jeez never thought it was going to take off like this, at this rate I’m going to have to extend the height on the growbox.

image.jpg

Better photo without the blue/purple. It’s interesting that all my yellow leaves fully recovered back to a nice not too dark green colour, I’ve heard that’s not really possible?
image.jpg

Depends how much damage is done mate, they don't recover if it's too far gone. You planning on any training techniques? Best way to deal with height issues like. LST is the most common way. Just tie her main top down and make her grow horizontally. When the smaller colas get to the same height tie the down too. Easy to do and massively increases your yield.
If you tie her down to keep all the colas at an even height then they all get a fair share of the light and end up half to 3 quarters the size the original main would have been. Gives you an army of monster colas instead of one big one and a dozen runts. :)

Depends how much damage is done mate, they don't recover if it's too far gone. You planning on any training techniques? Best way to deal with height issues like. LST is the most common way. Just tie her main top down and make her grow horizontally. When the smaller colas get to the same height tie the down too. Easy to do and massively increases your yield.
If you tie her down to keep all the colas at an even height then they all get a fair share of the light and end up half to 3 quarters the size the original main would have been. Gives you an army of monster colas instead of one big one and a dozen runts. :)
LST started today with some small sinkers, thanks for the good advice.
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom