Medium - FF Happy Frog
PPM - 900
PH - 6.5
RH - 30 %
Room Temperature -75
Solution Temperature -NA
Room Square Footage - NA
Pests - None Known

Problem: I cut a slit in the bottom of the stem and scrapped off some of the outside at the bottom, placed in water until I dipped in Clonex. Keep in a dome with my seeds, the temp went up to 84 and I think that might be what killed them. I tried again but kept outside of dome... still died. I would like to try again but am looking for suggestions like using a seed starter heating pad but am worried it might be to hot. Also is a 40 watt CFL to much light ? I also now have a separate dome for clones. Do they need some down time in the beginning like no light for 24 hours, and after words do they need down time daily. Any help will be appreciated, I do not want to be the clone killer. :peace:

Pictures may help it may be where you're tacking the cutting
How quick are the dieing
What nutes is mom eating?
ppm 900 ? for just water?
may be burning them

The cut was taken an inch below a node, they are dying overnight, Mom was flushed with 1/2 teaspoon FF Sledgehammer on Feb 18 flushed with 3 gal 6.5 water. On Feb 24th took eight clones. I have a correction after checking my notes when I checked on the clones next morning temp in the tent where at 91 degrees. On Feb 28 2014 Mom was fed 3/4 t of FF Grow Big and 1 gal 6.5 ph water. I had taken another clone the same way March 1, left it outside of the tent on a table which faced filtered sunlight and was totally drooped by the next day. I will try to harvest another clone today and take some pictures. I thought I followed the instructions from the site but you know Nubies ! :thedoubletake:

Yea 91 is high,but not that bad. I switch mom to flowering mix a week before and just cut the bottom at an angle and scrape. I'm still using up my rooting powder. 40 watts should be OK, what color. I'd do 18/6 and a cool white (Blueish). Get the dirt tight against the stem and trim about 1/4 off the fan leaves. they will droop some at first so you may be giving up too soon.

I agree with dadums on the 18/6. You want dark time to promote root growth. Light does more veg growth.

Thanks Dadums and Co Finest !!!! I think it's more like a warm light, model, 2900 lumins. :thanks:

I agree with dadums on the 18/6. You want dark time to promote root growth. Light does more veg growth.

Okay here are some pictures, and Dadums and Co Finest, you were right ! The last clone I had is coming back. I was not giving enough time. I also moved them out of the tent and to an area I could control better. I placed a seedling heating pad with a very short clothes basket over it with a old towel to try to control the heat. It seems to be working, I am getting a steady 75 when light is on. I am wondering what should the humidity level be. It is around 75 percent at this time.

The clone in the middle looked like the one on the right.
clone_coming_back_002.JPG

clone_coming_back_001.JPG

and some what of a close up

clone_coming_back_004.JPG

clone_coming_back_003.JPG

Thanks Again ! :thanks:

You guys were all correct here they are now !

msbadger10_023.JPG

msbadger10_022.JPG

now how to close this thread ?

Back
Top Bottom