Clone problems

hiway

I have an areo cloner and I am having a problem with the clones .
they have been in the cloner for approx 2 weeks and the leaves are still green but when I pull the clone out to see roots there are no roots and the stems are a brown colour and when I touched one the stem broke in half
I keep the res temp at 70 to 75 deg and the pump runs at 3min on and 5 min off . please help
also my mother plant has perished and I have no other way to get more clones
I was wondering if I could recut the stems and push the clone down through puck exposing the fresh piece of stem
I have plants that are 2 weeks into flower and was wondering if it is to late to take new clones from them ?
also water is ph 5.8 to 6.2 with 1/3 strenth veg nutes
can someone help?
thanks

never open the cloner
roots should be visable from the top. in most cases
how warm or cold in the cloner

I have an areo cloner and I am having a problem with the clones .
they have been in the cloner for approx 2 weeks and the leaves are still green but when I pull the clone out to see roots there are no roots and the stems are a brown colour and when I touched one the stem broke in half
I keep the res temp at 70 to 75 deg and the pump runs at 3min on and 5 min off . please help
also my mother plant has perished and I have no other way to get more clones
I was wondering if I could recut the stems and push the clone down through puck exposing the fresh piece of stem
I have plants that are 2 weeks into flower and was wondering if it is to late to take new clones from them ?
also water is ph 5.8 to 6.2 with 1/3 strenth veg nutes
can someone help?
thanks

Never add nutes when cloning or they will never root. Also, I know a lot of people put their cloners on a timer, but I'm a fan just plugging it in and leaving it on. You'll also want to go easy on the light when cloning.

You are going to want to flush/clean you cloner and start over... If you have enough stem to work with you can make a fresh cut, very lightly scrape the side of the stem with your blade and dip in a rooting hormone gel. Let the gel sit on the clone for about 30 min... Most people I know fill a whole cloner before they start it up so the cuttings will sit there with the hormone soaking in for up to an hour.

You can also take flowering clones, but they will take longer to root and then revert to veg. just take them the same way but leave on a 24 hour light cycle, and be patient!

No nutes, plain tap water, no pH adjustment, keep a dome on the top unless your room humidity is over 65% (it shouldn't be that high).

Thanks for the replies I will try recutting and just tap water and leaving pump on

I only add a root enhancer once the roots are past 1/4-3/8 inch long. By then it has now become a somewhat stable plant instead of a cutting.

ive never seen any neuts given during cloning. maybe superthrive but thats even sketchy.
sometimes ya just dont know till you try. the root mass should be massive for the size of the clone. bright white and just expanding every day. this is the point of transplanting!
it will just take off as get rooted in the new home youve provided.
when its transplanted earlier it still grows but takes longer to reeach the same vigor as the rully rooted clone.
just my opinion
peace

Back
Top Bottom