Clone size question

Tecumseh

Can one expect a clone to grow as large as the plant that it was taken from or will it tend to be smaller and have less dense foliage?

If the clone is vegged for about 5 weeks or until the plant is 18-20 inches tall is when I usually start budding. I want my plants to finish at about 4 or 5 feet tall. Depending on the strain, when you flip the light cycle from 18/6 or to 12/12 and the plant begins budding it stretches to twice the height it was when you flipped your light to 12/12. Now, if you want your plants to finish larger, you veg the clones longer, and if you want them shorter you veg them for less time or train them so they creep along the ground rather than grow straight up. I used to think training was a great thing because I would get multiple tops but you really have to be careful because it depends on the strain whether it is a good idea to LST. Some strains, when you LST them you get more buds but they are smaller sized. When you grow a plant with 1 main top cola sometimes you get better yields. IT depends on the strain, like I said. I have found the best method for increasing yields is the SCRoG method. I noticed in the bud mags that all the gardens had screens or nets over the top and when I did it myself it really really helped my yields. The buds get really fat and chunky when you SCRoG your crop.

That's good news. I'm actually planning on planting some clones outdoors. I'm running out of room inside.

I would still use POTS for the outdoor clones instead of just sticking them in the ground. Soil quality is a major part of all this, and in a pot, you have 100% control over that.

I keep all of my plants outside during the summer growing season since nothing can match real sunlight when it comes to raising healthy plants!

For soil, I recommend something with some water retention factors in it, like what I use. "Black Gold • Waterhold with Cocoblend". Just soil, no additives or time release nutes etc.

I use the LIFT method to determine when to water these pots since the soil is very light by volume, but when hydrated can weigh several times more than when dry. Basically, VERY easy to judge by lifting the pot. If it feels "light" it could probably use some water. :)

I would still use POTS for the outdoor clones instead of just sticking them in the ground. Soil quality is a major part of all this, and in a pot, you have 100% control over that.

I keep all of my plants outside during the summer growing season since nothing can match real sunlight when it comes to raising healthy plants!

For soil, I recommend something with some water retention factors in it, like what I use. "Black Gold - Waterhold with Cocoblend". Just soil, no additives or time release nutes etc.

I use the LIFT method to determine when to water these pots since the soil is very light by volume, but when hydrated can weigh several times more than when dry. Basically, VERY easy to judge by lifting the pot. If it feels "light" it could probably use some water. :)

I think that I'll do both (pots and transplant into ground). I have a couple of sunny spots that I want to plant directly in the ground. I do want to leave some in pots though. I want to put them on a little trailer and move them around the yard as the sun moves. I'm fortunate to have a good size property to grow on but, it is very heavily wooded. Lots of trees = lots of shade.

I'm working with just a 2 x 2 hall closet and 2 small tents indoors. I'm using one tent right now for flowering and one of the girls is taking up almost all of the space. I just discovered today that at least 6 of 7 plants in veg are female.(There's one I'm not sure of yet.) And, I have a tray of 9 clones out on the back deck.(under cover and in screened area) Six of those are certain females. I need room!!

Back
Top Bottom