Clone temp issue in home made propergator

topdogger69

hi i currently have posted this question in another part of this forum but no reply so hopin it might catch sumones attention in here.........
ive converted a fish tank into a cheap propergator and ive used black and white to cover the sides to reflect the light and the aquarium bulb im using is a t8 bulb.. im using jiffy pellets to place my cuttings into and have placed them inside my sealed tank.. the temp inside my tank is at 64 degrees and it doesnt go any lower or higher.. i give them a light mist and thats it when needed.....do you think with the temp its at that my roots will be succesful and my clones will survive as i currently have my hands tied on my finances and therefore cant afford a heat mat or anything....please comment asap with any advice as it will be muchly appreciated.....thankyou

64f a bit on the low side to be honest some will root but may take longer than normally assoicated with clones/cuttings rooting with in 10 to 14 days normal time frame with in optimal conditions, it may take a week longer or so & may look in pretty poor condition with out the aid of folair feeding.

Some may fail tho...

Optimal conditions are created via a heated propagator unit or heat mat 24c to 30c or 75f to 85f with high humidity of 80% or more with folair feeding every couple of days being good for clone health :thumb:

Had the same issue 4 weeks no roots temps in the mid 60s and res temps in the mid 60s IK raised res temps to 68 and increased the room temp to 75. Took about 3 days and roots started showing on all clones.

PS I had them under home made humidity domes too

Back
Top Bottom