Cloned the tops

I moved my small plants outside, they had nodes about 1/2 to 3/4 inches apart. after i placed them outside. the new growth was about 4 or 5 inches between nodes. I think these will be way to tall to hide in my garden amongst the tomatoes. also 8 plants will be to hard to conceal so i want to make sure i have only 4 or 5 females. I topped all the plants to shorten the growth and also to take clones and put them back under the fluros to sex them.
1. is it ok to take the tops for clones? they seem like the stems were to thick. I hope this works. the stems were thick as a pencil and hollow inside which surprised me.
also, the cuttings seemed like they were dying as i was working with them. they were wilting right before my eyes.
worst case, the clones dont take and I have to plant all 8 topped plants.
Also gonna start a few new plants just in case all goes wrong. Last year i didnt even start my plants until june 1st and they grew just fine. so I figure i have a month go get all straightened out.

I moved my small plants outside, they had nodes about 1/2 to 3/4 inches apart. after i placed them outside. the new growth was about 4 or 5 inches between nodes. I think these will be way to tall to hide in my garden amongst the tomatoes.
Bend them over and tye them down.
also 8 plants will be to hard to conceal so i want to make sure i have only 4 or 5 females. I topped all the plants to shorten the growth and also to take clones and put them back under the fluros to sex them.
1. is it ok to take the tops for clones?
Ever heard of Three Little Birds?
Anyway top cloning works.
the stems were hollow inside which surprised me.
also, the cuttings seemed like they were dying as i was working with them. they were wilting right before my eyes.
Hollow stems, it is a good thing. Top clones wilt fast, cut and put in cold water.

Hope this helps.
:peace:

Re: cloned the tops alive and well

WOW to my surprise all the clones are alive and well.
if i leave them on 12/12 will they show sex being so small?

They should. How ever get a magnifier, you can look right below the inter node and it we'll tell you what he/she is. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom