Clones and Nutes

Stretch1970

Hi Everyone, I have successfully cloned a dozen or so little ladies by just cutting a lower stem with razor blade splitting the end about 2mm and sticking it in a polystyrene cup with holes in filled with the same medium as it's mother coco / perlite , I have only watered with ph'd tap water till I see signs of roots through the holes as I have read about feeding nutes to Clones to early.

My question is this, if I have been feeding full nutes before I took the clone not feeding it nutes after I have taken it, will this stress it out? My Clones have taken a good 2 to 3 weeks before I see any sign of roots, could the roots form quicker if I continued to feed nutes.

My Clones just sit in a corner of my veg tent with nothing really special going on.

Hi Stretch,
No stress to the clones by not feeding nutes. Clones take most of their water intake through their leaves until they form a root system. Just spray them with PH adjusted water couple times a day, you can, if you please, add a little root hormone in the water as well.
Once they show roots, start with a very mild dose of nutes. I personally start with quarter dose for the first week, half for the second then go on full nutes. I transfer into the grow room at week 2 after the roots are developed. Happy growing.

Hello Stomps, thank you for your advice I will start a few clones tonight and experiment. I will do half how I have been ( no foliar spray) and the other half ( with foliar spray) and compare the time for the start of root growth.

Again many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom