clones are dying right after transplanting them

jamestaco7

The last 12 hours has been ugly last night we transplanted our healthy clones from the clonedome to soil the roots we healthy and popping out but since then they feel dry look dry and are sagging i need some help please any ideas its not the water or the soil i know that

What medium are you using to clone with ? What soil are you using ? Are you PH'ing your water? Are you using nutes? What is the Humidity of the grow room?

Im am no expert in cloning as i have just myself started into the world of clones but answering those questions might give Someone more knowledgeable the info they need to help.

This is purely a guess but most recommend taking the dome off after 3 days. If your taking rooted clones out of the dome they are used to 90% humidity. Say your grow room or area is 30% humidity. It could very well be that drastic change in humidity is shocking them. But that is just a best guess Hopefully a cloning expert will chime in soon

The humidity in the dome is high idk what it is exactly but its high and yes my room humidity is way lower we keep our room warmer around 78f we used soil starter plugs as a medium we are using organic potting soil with worm castings also we dug up about a hundred worms put them in the soil bags after washing them off. The mother is healthy so i dont think its the soil we use room temp filtered water and let sit for 48 hours to dechlorinate the water. We also put xtreme gardening AZOS were the roots would be.

when you clone using rooting plugs or rockwool under a dome
you cant just take them out and transplant them
after they root take the dome off if it wilts spray down and re-cover dome
when it looks good do it again until such time as the plant can stay looking good and healthy
with the dome off and not wilting
when you can take the dome off and it does not wilt is when it is ready to be transplanted

Ok I took the clones out just thinking that they would be good to be transplanted I never waited to see if they would survive by themselfs what I thought is when the roots were coming out the dirt cups that it was good to go

I'm a freak about babying my clones before they get promoted to open air. After over 10 days in the clone dome, misting twice a day, they start the "harding off" process for a couple of days. That's when I remove the dome for 10 - 15 minutes, 2-3 times a day. Then I put them out under lights in open air. Someone always wimpers out and needs another day or 2 in the dome. But using this method I can usually have them happy in the open air after two weeks and once they've proven they like it ........... that's when I transplant. I'm holding steady at 90% the entire past year, doing this.

You are absolutely doing the right thing looking for roots. Sticking to that correct plan, perhaps integrating some of the above, you should definitely see better results.

In the meantime, if someone looks like they need rescuing - put it back in the dome. See if that perks her back up :)

Chronic Is correct in my opinion. It is just like hardening off transplants when we take them out of the greenhouse before we transplant them into the field.

I used to buy field grown tomato transplant out of Georgia. They would yank them out of the groud at about 5-6 inches tall bundle them in bunches of 50 and ship them out by UPS. You would get them 5-8 days after they were pulled up bare root and they grew into fantastic plants. Often time I was just out planting what looked to be sticks. So the answer is that yes if the main stem is not dead and the leaf nodes are still alive then they can pull out of it.

I'm a freak about babying my clones before they get promoted to open air. After over 10 days in the clone dome, misting twice a day, they start the "harding off" process for a couple of days. That's when I remove the dome for 10 - 15 minutes, 2-3 times a day. Then I put them out under lights in open air. Someone always wimpers out and needs another day or 2 in the dome. But using this method I can usually have them happy in the open air after two weeks and once they've proven they like it ........... that's when I transplant. I'm holding steady at 90% the entire past year, doing this.

You are absolutely doing the right thing looking for roots. Sticking to that correct plan, perhaps integrating some of the above, you should definitely see better results.

In the meantime, if someone looks like they need rescuing - put it back in the dome. See if that perks her back up :)
So I purchased mine and do not currently have a dome, any recommendations to bring them back to life before it’s too late? About 15% of what I got so anything helps

So I purchased mine and do not currently have a dome, any recommendations to bring them back to life before it’s too late? About 15% of what I got so anything helps
This is old thread but ill try to help
If they are rooted good they should be fine just a spray
If not you can use a clear cup or empty 2 litre bottle cut the top off a nd put over them will keep your humidity high so they grow roots
If they are in a dome I wouldnt spray them twice a day take forever to grow roots
Don't baby them to much you can love them to death

Hey @971015 hope you are well my friend
Welcome to 420magazine.
If you drop a question here more people will join in and help you.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom