Clones Are killing me - I'm 2 for 12

HeartWW

I took 2 Clones from Momma 3 weeks into flower. ( White Widow ) They grew like weeds. I harvested Mom and put the twins outdoors with a great bed of clean new soil with vermiculite. They are currently doing well and starting to flower out. Problem is I took 9 Clones off of them and with in 24 hrs. They were dead. I have read everything and like I said..The 1st 2 Clones worked out perfect., I cut the Clones on the lower part of the plant under water and scrape the outter and put the cross cut in there., Scrape off the outter and dip in Clone gel. They all die. The first 2 grew like mad.. Should I try one of the seed banks??? Please get me back on track..

Are you using a humidity dome for the clones until they are able to grow roots?

Sorry, Yes, I have always misted and used domes with mist in them daily. I have them under CLF's for now at 24/7. No nutes, No water other than what the dirt gets when I mist several times per day. I have cliped the leaves and made sure there was a lot of clone gel on the stems that have been scraped, Split and then re-cut under water. These Clones came from a group of 12 seeds that only 1 germinated...The mother was beauty when I harvested her but i had to go early due to travel. I got a Ton of PopCorn buds that take me away to that spedcial place. Bottom line is, I am taking Clones from Clones..Is that a no-no??

Sorry, Yes, I have always misted and used domes with mist in them daily. I have them under CLF's for now at 24/7. No nutes, No water other than what the dirt gets when I mist several times per day. I have cliped the leaves and made sure there was a lot of clone gel on the stems that have been scraped, Split and then re-cut under water. These Clones came from a group of 12 seeds that only 1 germinated...The mother was beauty when I harvested her but i had to go early due to travel. I got a Ton of PopCorn buds that take me away to that spedcial place. Bottom line is, I am taking Clones from Clones..Is that a no-no??

taking clones from clones is fine ... I am going into my fifth generation with one plant below is a fourth generation plant

here are two of my clone threads

My clone story - pictorial - taken early, done cheap and successful
My new (to me) dirt cheap clone method

By the way I don't like 24/7 ... it is a waste of electricity and does more harm than good

here is one on cloning clones

Clones from clones from clones

and this is a fourth gen plant

DSC_9081_sgirltop.jpg

try putting ur clones n2 sopping wet rockwool starter cubes nsted of dirt... n 7-8days i plant the cubed clones n2 a medium... roots showing or not... the odds seem to b w/ me as i've only had 2 clones NOT take... & I just took my 1st rd of 2nd gen clones-- which all seem to be doin fine, ATM... may sound silly-- but i've zeroed WAY more seedlings than clones... :cheesygrinsmiley:

How soon or developed does the branches have to be to start taking clones? The reason I'm asking is my one plant has gone under so much problems and instead of growing from seed again I want to clip clones from it. I don't even want to put it into loer because I know it will be a waste. I need asap help

I'll take clones as soon as a branch shows minimum 3 nodes, clip the growth @ the bottom node leaving the top & 1 node below it, scrape lightly the part goin in the cube. Apply rooting hormone/gel to cut/scraped end & set in RW cube... the rest of the leaves on the clone I clip about 1/3 off of the tips--to slow down transpiration thru the leaves: KEEP em' HUMID & mist frequently.

What kinds of issues have she gone thru? If its nute burn, depending on the severity u may need 2 w8 till HEALTHY NEW growth appears-- if u can keep it n VEG till she normalizes u should have minimal worries...

I'll take clones as soon as a branch shows minimum 3 nodes, clip the growth @ the bottom node leaving the top & 1 node below it, scrape lightly the part goin in the cube. Apply rooting hormone/gel to cut/scraped end & set in RW cube... the rest of the leaves on the clone I clip about 1/3 off of the tips--to slow down transpiration thru the leaves: KEEP em' HUMID & mist frequently.

What kinds of issues have she gone thru? If its nute burn, depending on the severity u may need 2 w8 till HEALTHY NEW growth appears-- if u can keep it n VEG till she normalizes u should have minimal worries...

shes been threw nute burn but i got her threw that. that was a couple weeks ago. also a serious PH problem. now she growing abnormal, most leaves are bigger thsn the other. and a zinc lock out which was one of the ph problrms still look as if its still an issue. all of the new growth up top is growing bunched together followed by crinkling of leaves. it will be hard to even clip a clone off unless its from the very bottom but its only two nodes but but it has its fan leaves so i figured i would be able to clip it to clone. this grow is horrible it smells like grass. i dont have it in the same area as my other plants

its like only certain ppl get to witness a cloning experience. i read that alot in these forums. But the guy Buckshot clones early and gets new growth every time. need to know his secrete. i would imagine you were good at it. i guess we all have our give or takes.

by the way i started growing in a 55 gallon fishtank. T5 4ft 4x 54w HO. i cover three side with reflecting paper. should i cover tge 4th wall also because of tge glass? will it reflect light back and burn the leaves? its been a day so far i dont see any burns. i put them in there to contain the co2 and also it seems to be great with a 4ft lighting. i didnt want to cover the front glass because its easier to keep an eye on them instead of lifting the light every minute

Im sure eventually I will figure out what I have been doing wrong. I have tried 4 times so far with weed and 2 other times with oleanders. Use different techniques each time and the only two that did make it took FOREVER to root.

I am 43/44 with clones hehe

Im sure eventually I will figure out what I have been doing wrong. I have tried 4 times so far with weed and 2 other times with oleanders. Use different techniques each time and the only two that did make it took FOREVER to root.

I have very high success rate with clones, but I agree with Jimmy, they take about 2 and a half to 3 weeks to root.

I have very high success rate with clones, but I agree with Jimmy, they take about 2 and a half to 3 weeks to root.

Yeah all these people with their 3 day and 4 day roots make me sick, and I want to kick their dog!

Clones have never taken 2-3 weeks for me to root. You guys are doing something wrong. For me it takes about a week to start seeing new growth up top (which means it has rooted).

Back
Top Bottom