Clones, Cuttings

FoolishWise Guy

Hey ,

Its been about 5 days I took clones off my mother plant, roots are not to been seen yet

But iv made my nutrients ... isit good or ok to feed them the nutrient like gently pour the feeding onto the tray

Can you let me nw thanks

Images that I have attached

20211127_201112.jpg

20211127_201103.jpg

20211127_201050.jpg

20211127_201048.jpg

20211127_201044.jpg

True, but I think the clones will be fine for the day or two til you can see roots before you feed - imagine tiny roots just trying to develop and hitting a too hot patch. Just my opinion tho, of course.

That does make sense but there might be roots there that cannot be seen yet but that's doesn't mean that they are not there
Probably are some of those hair roots within several days. The stem does have pores in the surface and they might open up to allow the cutting to take in water. Plus there is possible that the cut end of the stem will absorb some liquids. Otherwise those cuttings would be wilting within an hour or two.

There are some people recommending a watering of a mild solution of water and Kelp for cuttings before roots develop and for a short time after. If memory serve there are some mild fertilizing products meant for cuttings at gardening, grow shops and hydro-shops that do the same sort of early feeding while the roots are developing.

Its been about 5 days I took clones off my mother plant, roots are not to been seen yet
Some people say to give them more time, like up to 2 weeks, before starting to worry about whether roots will be growing.

Images that I have attached

20211127_201112.jpg

20211127_201103.jpg

20211127_201050.jpg

20211127_201048.jpg

20211127_201044.jpg
Hello @FoolishWise Guy great crop on the go.
I have a link in my sig re clones that might help you.
Gorilla Glue Clone.

Did you use any rooting gel on them.
Once you have roots and replant them then start using mild nutrients
As the roots grow and expand then up the strength of nutrients.
Happy growing.

Stay safe
Bill

Yes I used rooting gel
It's been a full 7 days today
Soon as I'm back from badminton il be take them out thr cubes and having a look at the roots
It usually takes 7- 10 days.
Just be careful you don't tug one out and pull new roots out.

Stay safe
Bill

Soon as I'm back from badminton il be take them out thr cubes and having a look at the roots
At 7 days it really is not worth the risk. You could carefully lift up one of the corners of the cell pack tray and look underneath to see if any roots are showing. Otherwise, as @Bill284 mentions you gotta be careful that you do not break off any roots that are just starting to form.

I cannot figure out what kind of cubes you are using. Are the cuttings in a root-riot style of cube which is placed into one of the cells in the tray? Or are the cuttings in some sort of soil mix made up of peat moss or coco coir?

At 7 days it really is not worth the risk. You could carefully lift up one of the corners of the cell pack tray and look underneath to see if any roots are showing. Otherwise, as @Bill284 mentions you gotta be careful that you do not break off any roots that are just starting to form.

I cannot figure out what kind of cubes you are using. Are the cuttings in a root-riot style of cube which is placed into one of the cells in the tray? Or are the cuttings in some sort of soil mix made up of peat moss or coco coir?
Hello @SmokingWings hope you are well my friend.
I believe they are compressed coco cubes.
I show them in my Gorilla Glue clone thread.
There is a tutorial on how to use them in there.
I just went and got a pic here they are.

Stay safe
Bill

Screenshot_20211129-162001_Chrome.jpg

I believe they are compressed coco cubes.
I show them in my Gorilla Glue clone thread.
There is a tutorial on how to use them in there.
I lined the link up and will take a look later tonight. Hopefully I picked the right link.

His cells in the tray look different. They are not square like yours are.

Just so happens I was setting up the heating mat and the tray with the cover with plans to take a few cuttings off of my last Blue Dream clone to start another generation.

I lined the link up and will take a look later tonight. Hopefully I picked the right link.

His cells in the tray look different. They are not square like yours are.

Just so happens I was setting up the heating mat and the tray with the cover with plans to take a few cuttings off of my last Blue Dream clone to start another generation.
That's an old pic they changed the shape so they pop out easier I believe.
Just the word blue dream gives me anxiety.
I had a bunch hermie on me ruin three whole harvests fek.
Never again, hehe

Stay safe
Bill

Just the word blue dream gives me anxiety.
I had a bunch hermie on me ruin three whole harvests fek.
The Blue Dream I have going right now, all clones from clones from a seed planted in early 2018, will show a male flower after about 10-11 weeks in flower. Since that is beyond the optimum time I will harvest at 8 to 9 weeks and all is good.

My plants, also clones from the original, that were grown outside have a different schedule. This year those had no male flowers, even in November (started flowering in mid August). Plus the buds were larger, heavier, stickier and all those other good things we are supposed to grow for. Now I gotta figure out what caused that.

The Blue Dream I have going right now, all clones from clones from a seed planted in early 2018, will show a male flower after about 10-11 weeks in flower. Since that is beyond the optimum time I will harvest at 8 to 9 weeks and all is good.

My plants, also clones from the original, that were grown outside have a different schedule. This year those had no male flowers, even in November (started flowering in mid August). Plus the buds were larger, heavier, stickier and all those other good things we are supposed to grow for. Now I gotta figure out what caused that.
Hey @SmokingWings hope your having a good day.
I think I just had a weak pheno.
They looked great right up to the end.
By then I had 20 of them through out every room.And in the backyard.
Then all of a sudden everything was pollinated.
Even my garden outside. Fek fek.
I lost so many girls from that one event.
I just made everything into oil instead of dumping the ones that were finished.
The younger ones I just threw out instead of finishing them only to be full of seeds.
Still gives me anxiety talking about it.hehe.
So never again.
No more B.D.Ever.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom