Clones from a Hermie?

Re: Clones from a Hermie???

I'm thinking if you took the clones before the plant hermied you MIGHT be ok. It may still be a crap shoot but I'd give it a shot. Good luck!

Well you know that the plant hermies if stressed. Can you identify the stress it experienced? Did you take a lot of clones at one time? That can stress them some. Do you know the strain?
nute_burn_13.jpg

I'm just getting ready to clone for the first time in my homemade aerocloner. I have 3 DNA sharksbreath plants vegging and I was just asking the question "in general". I will take clones from all three plants and label them in order to track/trace the quality and quanity of each. I was just curious what to do if the situation ever arose. Thanks MostlyCrazy:peace:

I'm growing bagseed that went hermie last grow, using seed from the self pollinated plants. I've got some better seeds now that are also growing but that bagseed is just about to start the flower cycle. I was wondering the same thing; if I couldn't just take a bunch of clones and scrap the rest, thinking I would "erase" the hermie potential... but I never got a straight answer on that... I don't think there's any telling, however I've heard the clone will be more stable genetically, yet more susceptible to problems, and since problems cause stress and stress causes plants to turn hermie, I guess that's why people pay money for good seed stock LOL.

I'm growing bagseed that went hermie last grow, using seed from the self pollinated plants. I've got some better seeds now that are also growing but that bagseed is just about to start the flower cycle. I was wondering the same thing; if I couldn't just take a bunch of clones and scrap the rest, thinking I would "erase" the hermie potential... but I never got a straight answer on that... I don't think there's any telling, however I've heard the clone will be more stable genetically, yet more susceptible to problems, and since problems cause stress and stress causes plants to turn hermie, I guess that's why people pay money for good seed stock LOL.

some plants are completely hermie, this might be what you have

when female plants grow male flowers due to stress, the seeds they produce are all female, cause its all female genetics

but there is such thing as organisms having both male and female flowers due to genetic coding, this is different from plants stressing and mutating

oh. well crap. I was hoping that wasn't the case. So they used to have nothin' but seeded weed way back when, so is there still a chance it can produce good bud? (minus the seeds of course). The reason I grew this is that the weed I bought (it was seedy) was GREAT. VERY POTENT. So I figured it was a female plant which got seeded. But when I grew it and saw hermies, and it all came out seedy I began to wonder... Anyway, it used to be great so I wonder if it could be great now, if I give it all it needs?

Hey I took a lot of clones from a lovely plant that is now hermie I had given it Budwise
female hormones for two weeks prior to taking the clones. What are my chances???

It all depends on whether the hermie was caused by genetics or grower induced stress. If your clone has the hermie gene ..... then the chances are greater that they will all (or at least a great percentage) will also hermie. If it's grower induced stress .... well, figure out how you stressed them and change the problem and they probably won't hermie. But, if you continue to stress your plants (if that is the cause) then they will continue to hermie as long as you keep stressing them.

Back
Top Bottom