Clones from Auto-flowering species

aero420

I know when taking clones you have to do it during the veg stage with an indica or sativa, unless you want to revert from flower back to veg, which is a pain. Does this hold true with auto-flowering ruderalis species? If you took clones from a ruderalis that was already in bloom, would the clones already be in the flowering stage? It is my understanding that ruderalis flower based on the age of the plant rather than the light cycle, so I would think the clones are the same age and same stage as the mother, right?

Thanks for any and all feedback

Aero420 :thanks:

"Conventional wisdom dictates that if the people lead then our political leaders will follow. Of course, when it comes to marijuana law reform, conventional wisdom seldom applies."-By: Paul Armentano, NORML Deputy Director

I am reading in some places that you can't clone a ruderalis at all, so it may amount to a stupid question. The reason I am asking is a buddy of mine is moving away and I have a couple Auto-AK's about 3 weeks from finishing and he wants to take some clones with him when he moves a week from now. I am going to give him some to try either way but was curious as to the odds of success.

Auto flowering plants can not be cloned from what I read and others that have tried it..........:nicethread::Rasta:

Do you know anybody that grows that might have some extra pollen? you could get a bunch of auto seeds that way....

And by the way,,,,,Welcome.to are humble aboid.......
:Rasta::cheer::welcome:

Thanks for welcoming me to your wonderful forum.

That's what I've been able to find too. He was thinking that he could take a lower branch and treat it like a clone, and have a ready to flower plant after a week or so. "Pipe Dreams". He is moving across the country, so he is going to try to keep clones in Dixie cups in a cooler for the trip. My thought is since he is limited on space, I should give him clones that stand a chance, rather than trying to be the first person to clone auto-AK. I have a NL#5 mother, and a Grape Kush mother, as well as a some Bubbleberry in week 2 of veg, getting ready to move to the flower room. He wanted the auto-AK cause it is so easy to grow and quick, but I am trying to explain to him, based on what I can offer him, Bubbleberry and NL#5 have the best chance of surviving. When I used to grow hydro, I flowered NL#5 as soon as roots started to show and had good luck, and NL#5 is good quality for 50-55 days flowering. I am pretty sure we will be pruning the auto-AK as well because he is convinced he can make it work.

Thanks for the feed back.

Auto flowering plants can not be cloned from what I read and others that have tried it..........:nicethread::Rasta:

Do you know anybody that grows that might have some extra pollen? you could get a bunch of auto seeds that way....

And by the way,,,,,Welcome.to are humble aboid.......
:Rasta::cheer::welcome:

I have been thinking more about the seeds. The guy I got the first plant from has 10 more fem seeds. Last time he gave me 10 to germinate and root for him. Surprisingly they all took, and he only had room for 8 so I got one plant and another friend took another. When he is ready to germinate the next batch, if I get another plant I will plant it outside somewhere with a few different males and see what happens. Good idea:goodjob:

I'm starting to like these auto-flower plants the more I mess with them. I recently converted my veg room from MH to T-5 and went from 18/6 to 20/4 for everything in veg. It turns out 20/4 also is the ideal split for these auto-flowers from what I understand, and I seem to have just enough red light in my mixed fixtures that the one auto-AK in flower is still hanging out in the veg room.

+Have you ever grown auto-flowring strains in the same room as non-auto-flowering plants in the same room, and if so, did you experience anything unusual or have the plants that were non-auto get "messed up" by the auto-flowering ones?
Thanks!

+Have you ever grown auto-flowring strains in the same room as non-auto-flowering plants in the same room, and if so, did you experience anything unusual or have the plants that were non-auto get "messed up" by the auto-flowering ones?
Thanks!

I have, and do, grow both at the same time. I have not noticed any difference in my auto's or regular plants by having them in the same room together.

I have, and do, grow both at the same time. I have not noticed any difference in my auto's or regular plants by having them in the same room together.

Thanks for the input! Anyone else have any experience growing auto-flowering plants? I am highly interested in C. ruderalis plants for the high CBD contents AND the lower THC content of the wild species (ditchweed). It has shown great promise in treating a patient of mine with neuro-musculature problems. Thanks!

I heard it takes about 3 weeks for an auto to start flowering is this true? if so I bought botanicare pro grow and pro bloom. should I just use the pro bloom as I am using pro mix bx as my soil and has micro and macronutrients already in it but don't know how long they last in the soil... any help?

I heard it takes about 3 weeks for an auto to start flowering is this true? if so I bought botanicare pro grow and pro bloom. should I just use the pro bloom as I am using pro mix bx as my soil and has micro and macronutrients already in it but don't know how long they last in the soil... any help?
I know this is a an old thread but yes it is true some Autos do start to flower at about week 3 from sprouting.

Back
Top Bottom