Clones planted - need advice

Maer

Just planted 4 of the 18 clones I took (all of them survived?!) from my plants before I put them into flower. I mixed the soil FFOF with 1/4 cup per gallon of dolomite lime, 1/2 cup per gallon of mexican bat guano. I planted the clones in their rockwool cubes with about 1/4 inch of soil over the cube. The I soaked the soil with a solution of mycogrow, superthrive (1 drop/gal), FF Grow big (1Tbl/gal), 1/4tsp total EJ pH up. The bucket pH was 6.5 at 1020ppm (with the pH up).

I planted them in 1 gallon smart pots.

Is there anything I should have done that I didn't?

How much light should I give them at this stage? I have up to 5 x 2ft T5HO to use plus marginal light from my 180W all blue LED from advance LED.

Should they get water more often than the other plants?

Just planted 4 of the 18 clones I took (all of them survived?!) from my plants before I put them into flower. I mixed the soil FFOF with 1/4 cup per gallon of dolomite lime, 1/2 cup per gallon of mexican bat guano. I planted the clones in their rockwool cubes with about 1/4 inch of soil over the cube. The I soaked the soil with a solution of mycogrow, superthrive (1 drop/gal), FF Grow big (1Tbl/gal), 1/4tsp total EJ pH up. The bucket pH was 6.5 at 1020ppm (with the pH up).

I planted them in 1 gallon smart pots.

Is there anything I should have done that I didn't?

How much light should I give them at this stage? I have up to 5 x 2ft T5HO to use plus marginal light from my 180W all blue LED from advance LED.

Should they get water more often than the other plants?

I'll go backwards sort of. Water as normal, i.e. when they get light, nothing special.

AFA light, let them recover a bit from the xplant, then put the boots to them. The T-5's should be perfect.

Everything else looks good. Now a couple of pointers/tips.

You should be ok, since you said that you saturated the medium. With rockwool xplants, if the medium is drier than the RW, it will suck the moisture right out of it, not good for the clone. I make sure it is really saturated and as they both dry out, a balance is reached and maintained. It's just that initial wetting you have to watch for.

Dolomite: It takes a couple of weeks to kick in after the initial wetting and you MAY need to give a shot of Epsom Salts as it seems the Mag isn't as quickly available as the Ca. I've never had to do it a second time, but watch for deficiency's the first few weeks. Also, after a couple of weeks you can forgo pHing if you feel like it. I don't bother with it anymore, but some feel the need. Your call.

All in all, sounds good.

DD

Back
Top Bottom