Cushblah

I have started my 2nd grow about 3 weeks ago. 9 Huckleberry clones were planted into 2 ltr fabric pots filled with coco on the 31st January. Addiontially 1 heavyweight, green ninja seed was planted a week later into again a 2ltr fab pot with coco. And then a few days later 2 x sour diesel by Humbolt put in again 2 ltr pots with coco.

For the first few days the shock of the clones getting transported made them look a bit limp (i also had the lights a bit close), which did not help. After about 5 days they started to pull round still in the 2 ltr pots and started to look really well. I transplanted them into 20 ltr pots on the 13th feb and are staying in them pots for the duration now. Most my time and efforr is going into the clones but i wouldnt mind a few extra oz off the seeds, obviously, who wouldnt haha. I will add all pictures in as a timeline so people can refer back to dates.

Feeds
I am using a mix of ionic coco grow, an calmag, roots accelerator, voodoo juice, white shark mycorrhizae.
I started off putting a total ec of 1.5 into clones but with the stress of transport and over powering light they didn't really like that much so lowered it to 1.3 for a week then upped after 4-5 days by .1 until now where i mixed a big batch to 1.65ec. That is ph at 5.5, calmag 0.2ec and base to 1.65 then additives. This mix has been tried and tested by others many times and worked for me the first time round and like i say others for a long time. I am running 2 x 600w hps at the minute but have 2 x ballast arriving today and will be flipping the huckleberry clones onto12/12 tommorow so will be adding 1 or 2 more lights in over weekend. I have a 1mx8inch filter and 6inch rhino twin speed fan. 2 x circulating fans. 1 cold air inlet which is blocked at the min as temps in uk are low, as per. The coco had no feed in to start with so had to get run off from first feeds when transplanting. I will keep this thread updated as i will use it for photo storage aswell.

These are the 2 latest pictures. I tried too add them in chronological order unsure if it has worked like that but gives u the idea. Green ninja by heavyweight seeds is the one in the jiffy pellet by its self. The sour diesel are in the smaller fab pots squeezed in best they can till extra lights go in which hopefully be over weekend. Looking forward to watching these all grow as 1st run was a bit of a nightmare using auto pots and auto flowers. Wasnt as such the system or the autos but more like listening bad advice by people who dont know what their talking about who work at local hydro shops. I will dig old photos of that out and explain what went wrong and why at some point.

These are the 2 latest pictures. I tried too add them in chronological order unsure if it has worked like that but gives u the idea. Green ninja by heavyweight seeds is the one in the jiffy pellet by its self. The sour diesel are in the smaller fab pots squeezed in best they can till extra lights go in which hopefully be over weekend. Looking forward to watching these all grow as 1st run was a bit of a nightmare using auto pots and auto flowers. Wasnt as such the system or the autos but more like listening bad advice by people who dont know what their talking about who work at local hydro shops. I will dig old photos of that out and explain what went wrong and why at some point.

They taking off now mate, when you listen they go great, that should probably tell you something! Anyway I won't wind you up. They look good now but be careful because they will grow huge, I would flip unless you planning on putting a large scroll net in. Be tricky in there though. Start your Buddhas Tree Flower Burst now and you only need to give it first 2 weeks and not 3 because these will flower faster with them being clones from flowering plants. You will save roughly a week on your flower time as they mature cuts. Quality on them is unreal but they can be huge, not good for you.

You will not fit this in space so you need to tie them down as they stretch to encourage more horizontal growth. My pots are smaller than the ones you using so theres a chance yours could be bigger if don't get them flipped.

They also like the room a little cooler with as much CO2 as poss, if you open intake up that will do it. If it drops below 70f you will have to block it or get heater on.

Your journal is a good reference point for you to come back to in the future. So log everything you can but keep it simple, that way you have notes to come back to. I made my biggest improvements when I started keeping records of what I was doing. Log the good and the bad and you be flying.

If you want people to join in its a good idea to check out other journals and let people know who you are and invite people to join. There's a lot of good people here and good info but stick to your plan, you won't get a better one. People here will offer you advice and some of it well intentioned but a lot don't have the real time in grow experience (anything under 10 grows is still beginner level) and just because someone read something in a book or google it doesn't mean its right or that they know what they are talking about.

The vast majority of members on this forum are North Americans and Canadians, although there are more and more Europeans joining these days. I can guarantee you they won't understand what you are saying if you write in your local dialect, just try keep it in plain English and as simple as poss.

Finally once you have 50 posts you can send PMs and enter competitions and vote on them. Check them out and enter them, you got nothing to lose and some pretty good prizes etc to win.

So this was my first grow. Started by germinating 3 x fast buds, green crack and 1 x expert seeds, northern lights they were gerninated using the damp paper towel method which i stood with the 2nd time round aswell as i had 100% results. Till i tried 2 x Dutchpassions lemon zkittles and neither popped. They just got threw away. So the medium was cocoa again but using 60/40 with clay pebbles mixed. When i went to the hydro shop tjey recommended not having a few inch bed od clay pebbles on the bottom of the 25ltr plastic pots for the air pump in the auto system, this was a big mistake as the next pictures will show. The air stone got blocked with cocoa straightaway so there was no oxygen getting to the plants once the roots got near the bottom as theywere just sitting in stale water/feed basically. I used pretty much the same feeds as i am still now but i have added a few more 'juicers'/additives this time.

As you can see they pretty quickly deteriorated and i hadto pull the auto system out, flush the plants with different feed. Ah yes, i started this with dutch pro base nutrients and once this error occurred i switched to ionic cocoa bloom after some advice. This worked well!! After top feeding 2 days and raising the plastic pots a few inch up they started to pull around! I was only using 1 x 600w light in a small loft tent, an 18inch filter and a 6inch fan and 1 circulating fan. The end result was okay, i was happy with the weights i got, approx 16oz. But wasnt massively happy about the quality. Hence why i have tried feminzed clones this time round and stuck to hand feeding.

I grow with just Hydroton (clay pellets) and love the results. Your girls look awesome. You may want to check out some netpots that will fit over a 5 gallon bucket. That way you can just fill the bucket 3/4 of the way and can have a airstone in the solution.
What PH level are you using?

I grow with just Hydroton (clay pellets) and love the results. Your girls look awesome. You may want to check out some netpots that will fit over a 5 gallon bucket. That way you can just fill the bucket 3/4 of the way and can have a airstone in the solution.
What PH level are you using?

Sorry mate i must be writing in an unclear way. The system isnt a hydro system its a gravity fed system for cocoa or soil. Basically lazy mans way to grow i thought would be better for my first. That didnt workout haha so back to hand feeding. I am using ph 5.5-5.8 in cocoa on the clones.

2 pictures from last night before bed. Didnt have time to flick them to flower as i need the 3 seedlings out of there and going to put them in a cupboard under a 250w led for another 2 weeks and then back into flower room when they are bigger.

Can i make clear that the grow in the system is over and done. Dont want to confuse things by thinking they are both on going, only the grow with the clones in, in above pic is on going. Cheers

Your girls are looking good.. Sorry about the confusion. I was reading about how your air stone was getting plugged up and just wanted to help you out.

Yeh no worries man. I can see how it gets confusing but rather than make a thread for a grow i had already done and moved on from i thought i would just share info on this thread it being my 1st.

So today i changed the lighting to 12/12 for my clones. The ec was pushed up to 1.75 with some pk-18 flower boost added to the mix. My extra 2 600w hps were also added but i have kept these at the 400w setting for the mean time just for heat until i can watch the thermometer for a few days. Temps are at 25c or there abouts which seems to suit these babies fine!

Back
Top Bottom