Clones too Slow?

thehitman

My clones are not showing any roots after19 days in RW cubes. They are moist and under a dome, green and looking healthy, under T8 in veg room -- but no roots yet??

How long does it normally take to see roots??

Re: Clones too Slow??

If there still looking healthy let them keep going they'll show I get mine in a week sometimes 2 and some guys say theres take 3 I would think you should be seeing them anytime now as long as they are looking good don't give up on them

Temp & RH are key when rooting. My clone dome keeps a temp of 72f-75f (22c-24c), I use a T8 15 watt Phillips Agro bulb and I try to keep RH @ 70%-80%. I also don't mist them that much, I let the humidity do it's job. Clones will get water through their leaves from the air, keeping high levels of humidity will really increase the odds of clones rooting.:peace:

My clones are not showing any roots after19 days in RW cubes. They are moist and under a dome, green and looking healthy, under T8 in veg room -- but no roots yet??
How long does it normally take to see roots??

Yea. I just went through that recently with some Harlequin I was trying to clone. They just would not sprout. I tried every thing and tossed out a LOT of starts. I used Rockwool, I used Oasis cubes. Nothing. They just rotted.
I started changing things; environment was too warm, and that I wasn't using enough Clonex (15ml/g). Also, my Ph pen had not been calibrated in like, forever. When I checked it - it needed it. So, I calibrated the Ph pen and instead of having my solution at 6.1; changed it to 5.6. Moved the tray to a cooler place (72F instead of 85F)
Every genetic, and even every plant within that genetic is different.
Go back to basics. Be meticulous in making sure that everything is done exactly right. If it doesn't work; try something different (Einstein's definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.) Just change ONE variable at a time so you know what is causing the change.

Do you have a Ph pen? That is prolly THE smartest piece of equipment I ever purchased. Costs about $100US and worth every nickel. Take care of it and it will last a long, long time.

I was just about to put my mother out on the curb for adoption when roots popped.

~ Auggie ~

The strain is the same that I cloned last time - the genetics have not changed. The only change in my cloning method was a switch to a cloning gel instead of the powder - the gel is supposed to be better??? (according to the guy at the hydro store)

yes I have a ph pen - but I only mist with plain water, no nutes.

still no roots as of this am. funny thing is the tops a real green with no wilt.

I previously had a very weak clone that nearly died - it finally revived and grew into a good plant.

well, I had one clone show a root, so I planted her and put it under the T8s. Now at day 25 still no roots showing on all other clones??

Yup. That's the same way my Harlequin acts. Stays green forever, no roots.

I would guess that the ONLY thing you did different was a change in clone solution?
Well - go back to what works.

It took me two months to figure out, by process of elimination, what my Harlequin girls wanted.

~ Auggie ~

Back
Top Bottom