Clones wilting? Help!

Fishhhh

Hey people,

Just came across 420 on google and must say its probly the biggest n best source of info iv found on the net so far!

I need a little help , im attempting my second grow so im still new to all this

There are about a week old , they rooted the rock walls so i planted into soil. Its now day 2 in my tent, im using a 600w Dual Spectrum - Sunmaster HPS Lamp, with a carbon filter , extractor fan at top of tent , and a small fan blowing air into the tent at the bottom.

The first day or so , they was fine , now there wiltering

Heres a few pics of whats happening

IMG00067-20110820-1737.jpg

If any one can help please let me know asap :D

Thanks in advance guys

looks thoroghly dehydrated man, how many days since you last watered? The roots are gunna be relatively small so watering the base is essential. Thats all i can think of mate, dont mean to sound condecending

hi , thanks for your replies.

I watered them today , so i cant imagine its lack of water?
As for the temperature iv since moved the light to around 4ft abouve to clones , and im leaving the doors open on my tent. Hopefully this might rule out any chance of it being to warm?

Any other suggestions or things i can buy to try and help them?

thanks

I would use either CFL or T5 for cloning, if you can't use a aero-type cloner then you should have a humidity dome over these or be foliar feeding them. You say they rooted the "rock walls"? If they are in Rock Wool cubes and they have new roots growing out of them, (not just a few small roots, but a good number of them), then they should be ok to transplant.

The soil looks dry in the pic with a little moisture in a few spots. Based on the pic, I will be surprised if they come around, although if you can get it some moisture, foliar feed and a humidity dome, you may be able to pull it out.

I totally agree with Steve. Newly rooted clones need cool temps and modest light for the first few days after transplant.

I use T5s and CFLs for mine, then outside to veg in summer, or HO T5s in winter.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

I've seen this before with clones in rock wool. I think your problem is that the soil is pulling the moisture out of the rock wool cube faster than the roots can. Make sure you give it a good watering so that all of the soil is moist, and then you might have to give her some water right on top of the cube, as needed until the roots get established in the soil.

Thanks for the help guys , iv taken the rockwools out of the soil , to try and stop the moisture being absorbed. Iv got some clonex , would this help the roots do you think? How much would i put in per litre? I cant find guidelines on how much to mix anywhere

I don't know enough about clonex to say wether that would help or not, I think they just need a chance to get established in the soil, you just need to have the soil throughly moistened so it's not pulling the water out of the cube. I know the dispensaries say that the customers prefer clones in the rock wool cubes, but I personally can't stand the stuff, unless I'm using it for insulation or sound absorption. :)

You could put a humidity dome on the plant to perk her back up. I have had that happen with my clones and after about 5 hours under the dome they looked fine. :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom