Clones wilting

Heissenberg

Im using the TurboKloner. Success rate has been 100%. Everything us well rooted white and healthy. Every time I remove the dome after 20 min or so all the plants wilt. Then I put the dome back and they all resusitate. I experimented planting one in a 6 inch pot using FFOF about an hr ago and the little clone looks bad already. How do make the plants used to be without the dome? This is my first cloning experience and the rooting stage worked but now I cant transition the plants.

Thanks!!:thanks:

Well first off how long since they wre cut and then put in the cloning dome? Don't rush it they can take up to 14 days mine did it it 10, but the plant will do what it is going to do so be patient and let them go a little longer before trying to trasplant, Peace OG.

They been in the machine for 3 weeks. Nice 1-2 inch roots. Roots are getting too big. Just transplanted to a 6 inch pot. Should I try removing the dome gradually?

if they all have roots like that and are getting water to the roots frequently enough they do not need the dome anymore.

if they keep wilting, like you say i can only guess that their roots arnt staying wet enough?

Make sure theres enough root mass all together and are 2 inches. And if your clones are to big as in 3 inches are more tehy will need even bigger roots to support the size of the clone. Dont use a huge light source. 1 6500k cfl would do the trick. Other than that they will veg to fast and not enough roots will grow to uptake the water. So any new growth re cut half of the fan leaves off and leave them in the cloner for another week.

a169.JPG

i have a aero-bucket that i use with no dome and the clones never wilt, i think the problem your having is that the plants are so soft from being in the warm, humid dome, when you take them out there like a wet noodle (comparable if you ever have been in a sauna).

Like you said GRADUALY remove dome, or dont use one at all, but you dont want to leave them in there if the roots are over 2 inchs because then they get harder to transplant...

Back
Top Bottom