spunmonkey

Hi folks, I have clones under indoor lights the past 2 months, I want to put them outside now, I live in San Diego, will clones veg all summer or go right into flower outside?? The light schedule was 18/6 then for the last few weeks 15/9

Well, it looks like local sunrise is 5:39 am and sunset is 7:53 pm or, basically, 14 hours. Some strains will begin flowering under 14 hours (give or take) of light. But it's the hours of uninterrupted darkness that determines whether or not a regular (phototropic) cannabis plant will flower. You won't instantly go from dark to light at dawn, you will see the sky lighten more gradually (in most locations) prior to the actual time of sunrise. You also won't suddenly be plunged into pitch black darkness the minute that the sun sets. So, in practice, most locations will experience more light (albeit, with the beginning and end vastly reduced in intensity) than the times would indicate.

Again, the exact number of hours of uninterrupted darkness that any particular strain (or even phenotype of strain) requires for flowering to be triggered varies. So I wouldn't be willing to even speculate on an answer. If they are showing NO signs of flowering now, I would tend to doubt that they'll trigger outside. If you are uncertain, remember that every single that you can wait shortens the night length by a small amount.

Finally, if you feel that you must place your plants outside now, but are worried, you can (depending on your circumstances, of course) manually interrupt the dark cycle with strong light for a time at some point during the night. You may find that this is unnecessary at this time, but it is something to remember for potential future need (IOW, if at some point you find it advantageous to place your plants out even earlier in the year).

Will you be running a grow journal? We do not have a great number of outdoor journals, so more are always welcome.

Good luck in your grow!

Hi folks, I have clones under indoor lights the past 2 months, I want to put them outside now, I live in San Diego, will clones veg all summer or go right into flower outside?? The light schedule was 18/6 then for the last few weeks 15/9

Update, after putting my clones outside, they all did start to flower

Back
Top Bottom