Cloning a Cloned Plant: Question

OldSkoool

I've had the remarkable good fortune of growing an excellent sative dom female from KB bag seeds. The 37 day old clone taken from this plant (veg state) is progressing beyond expectations. I'd like to keep this strain going through repeated cloning cycles.

My question is, can I expect the same quality, and potency from clones taken from clones? Photo's of both plant, buds, and the clone in question can be viewed in my current grow journal.

Thanks in advance for answers, and opinions:cheer:

I've had the remarkable good fortune of growing an excellent sative dom female from KB bag seeds. The 37 day old clone taken from this plant (veg state) is progressing beyond expectations. I'd like to keep this strain going through repeated cloning cycles.

My question is, can I expect the same quality, and potency from clones taken from clones? Photo's of both plant, buds, and the clone in question can be viewed in my current grow journal.

Thanks in advance for answers, and opinions:cheer:

Can you do a mother plant to take clones of?

Rather than a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone .......?

Maintaining a sativa mother plant may present its own problems though???

Love sativas, but only do indicas because of space constraints.:rollingeyes:

DD

Can you do a mother plant to take clones of?

Rather than a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone .......?

Maintaining a sativa mother plant may present its own problems though???

Love sativas, but only do indicas because of space constraints.:rollingeyes:

DD

I wondered about doing that, keeping the clone as a mother plant, but like yourself, space is a problem, and why I can only do single plant, LST grows. I may just put this clone in a 5 gal pot, stick it in a corner, and see how long I can keep it going under 24/7 CFL's.

Thanks for the tip DD!

I wondered about doing that, keeping the clone as a mother plant, but like yourself, space is a problem, and why I can only do single plant, LST grows. I may just put this clone in a 5 gal pot, stick it in a corner, and see how long I can keep it going under 24/7 CFL's.

Thanks for the tip DD!

A couple things you could try for a mother: The LST as you mentioned or a Bonsai type deal. Cut the lights back to 18/6 and perhaps less light. I only use a 2 40w shop light for my moms. I also just use a bloom booster type nute (high phos, low N), since I want firm growth for clones and not a lot of it.

But, if you are doing single plant LST grows, a clone of a clone of a clone might not be that bad since you can only do what, 3 or 4 grows per year?

It's going to be a challenge, for sure.:yummy:

DD

Back
Top Bottom