Cloning Autoflowering plants

Hexe

My hubby and I recently got some of the Autoflowering feminized White Widow seeds from Crop King. Got 3 of them going and they are doing great. I have read information on other growing sites that you can't clone autoflowering cannabis plants. Is this true? I don't understand why they would be any different than cloning any other type of cannabis.

Clones are an identical age to the mother plant. If the mother is flowering the clone will too. Most autos start flowering in 3-4 weeks. It doesn't give enough time to get the clone to an adult stage. It has been done, but it will stunt the growth of the mother, and reduce yields from stress.

Not saying to not do it, but most who have tried didn't benefit much, as I understand.

I've never had an auto veg long enough to even cut clones. 3- 4 weeks from seed. They're generally still babies when they start flowering.(from my experience)
I've also had bad luck with aggressively trimming & cropping autos. They have not responded well for me. Either turn out as runts or finish out with nothing but fluffy popcorn nugs. Hope this helps...

Thanks guys. I've been learning to grow for a couple of years now. All I've ever had to work with were whatever kind of seeds I got from whatever bags of weed we'd get over the years. it's been a LOT of hit and miss; and shitloads of aggravation much of the time. Most of my learning has been with stuff I read online. Some of it has clearly been B.S. as I have ended up with way more male plants or had plenty just die on me. Dealing with trying to get the lighting and the time just right, to much or too little plant food, not even knowing what kind I was even trying to grow...it's been REALLY frustrating. I got tired of never really getting much in the way of nugs.

Then I heard about autoflowering and feminized plants and seeds when I stumbled across places that sold seeds online. After some digging I came across Crop King and decided they seemed to be the best to take a chance with. Glad we did. So far the white widow seeds we bought are doing great. Not doing much other than watering them. We got them under LED grow lights in fabric grow buckets in basic garden soil. Nothing fancy at all. We're low budget folks on a fixed income. Both of us are REALLY tired of getting substandard smoke from price gouging wankers...(we live in Eastern Kentucky at this time...and believe me it's usually sub-standard smoke from dealers who are more into greed instead of the weed)...and the autoflowering feminized seeds are definitely looking like a gift from the ganja goddess. :):ganjamon:

Ok...next query...what is the best kind of stuff for feeding these little beauties? Right now I'm just using water from our fish tank. it's been treated and filtered. Plants seem to like it thus far. Just wondering if something else might be better? And how many harvests are possible from one autoflowering plant?

What you feed depends on the growing medium . As for cloning the Kush ,Ak 47 grows slow that cloning is impossible. I love the AK ,but starting w/ kush seeds is much faster.The little ,fat girl AK 47 that is growing currently is 4 months old w/ no end time in site !

Ok...next query...what is the best kind of stuff for feeding these little beauties? Right now I'm just using water from our fish tank. it's been treated and filtered. Plants seem to like it thus far. Just wondering if something else might be better? And how many harvests are possible from one autoflowering plant?
One harvest, it can be staggered, but once they flower, they will die at the end of flowering. People have tried to go back to vegetative, but the results are usually dismal.

If you want more seeds, search on the forum for colloidal silver. That is the way to make feminized seed, and if you do it with autos, you get more auto seed. It's not a good idea to do this and self-pollinate a plant. It can cause genetic problems and hermie plants. That is why two decent looking plants are really required. I'm not saying it can't be done, just giving the warnings that should be known.

Just trying to give options. I've never done it, but I have read about it here.

*sigh* Ok. So...plants die after they flower. Bugger. Ok...so, I will either try the colloidal silver thingy or just get some autoflowering seeds that haven't been feminized and go from there. Thanks guys.

*sigh* Ok. So...plants die after they flower. Bugger. Ok...so, I will either try the colloidal silver thingy or just get some autoflowering seeds that haven't been feminized and go from there. Thanks guys.

Yeah...sorry about the news. I find there is always a compromise between things. If it's easier to grow, it's harder to multiply (etc.)

If you do use CS (Colloidal Silver), make a journal here. Many people do not know how to do this (or they don't talk about it much). The ones that do will help you.

I know it sounds like a lot, but the only real bad thing is those two seeds that are basically wasted. You can use the bud with the seeds in it, but its potency will be low. But you will have seeds for a while (probably years, unless you are growing a warehouse full).

There are people who warn against smoking or ingesting the part of a plant with CS on it, but you can read about that yourself, and make a decision.

Just for information, people do vape CS for bacterial lung infections. I wouldn't, but there are people that do.

The CS concentration that is typically used is 50ppm. Available on amazon. Make sure it's a medical grade pure solution.

There is one advantage to all of this. You will have the knowledge to make a feminized seed from ANY strain in the future!!!!!!! :thumb: :slide: :yahoo:

I'm learning to grow...so all the legit information I can get will be most useful. Keeping a journal is no problem as I am a freelance writer by trade. (Not as glamourous as it sounds...pretty hit and miss when it comes to making some extra cash.)

Just curious...why is a plant treated with CS bad to smoke? I know people use the stuff as a supplement like vitamins or something...but that always sounded a bit hinky to me as well.

I'm learning to grow...so all the legit information I can get will be most useful. Keeping a journal is no problem as I am a freelance writer by trade. (Not as glamourous as it sounds...pretty hit and miss when it comes to making some extra cash.)

Just curious...why is a plant treated with CS bad to smoke? I know people use the stuff as a supplement like vitamins or something...but that always sounded a bit hinky to me as well.

I'm of the opinion (just mine), that vaporizing by flame any metal to go into your lungs as bad. I know it's only 50 ppm, but I'm not convinced there are no side effects. It's not the silver alone, it's the state of it as it enters your body. Silver oxide doesn't sound like something I want in my lungs.

But this is my opinion. I have no evidence to back up my opinion. That is why you can choose to smoke it if you wish, I just always state my opinion, and let you decide.

Just curious...why is a plant treated with CS bad to smoke?

As a general rule, you don’t want microscopic partials of metal in the alveoli of your lungs. It may not come back out.

And how many harvests are possible from one autoflowering plant?

Bonsai mentioned that the anwser is generally one harvest. I let a Crop King Seeds Northern Lights Auto continue to grow after harvest, but it was very scraggly growth, not really smokable bud. I harvested 20gm off of it yesterday that I am turning into tincture. It’s not much, but I had the space while waiting for my next Auto to finish. Going forward I would rather have a new plant in bloom than wasting space on a reflower. The return on investment is greater going with a new seed.

As a general rule, you don’t want microscopic partials of metal in the alveoli of your lungs. It may not come back out.

Bonsai mentioned that the anwser is generally one harvest. I let a Crop King Seeds Northern Lights Auto continue to grow after harvest, but it was very scraggly growth, not really smokable bud. I harvested 20gm off of it yesterday that I am turning into tincture. It’s not much, but I had the space while waiting for my next Auto to finish. Going forward I would rather have a new plant in bloom than wasting space on a reflower. The return on investment is greater going with a new seed.

Ah. Point well made. The only things I want in my lungs in THC. LOL

Well, at least I know it's possible to put them back into veg mode but clearly it does seem to be a bit of a let down quantity wise. We'll just get new seeds and try the CS method of getting feminized seeds.

Ah. Point well made. The only things I want in my lungs in THC. LOL

Well, at least I know it's possible to put them back into veg mode but clearly it does seem to be a bit of a let down quantity wise. We'll just get new seeds and try the CS method of getting feminized seeds.

I do encourage you to put up a journal here from the start to finish. It will also encourage more people to learn to create feminized seeds and make feminized auto-flowering seeds. It's not that hard but is a little intimidating (from what I've read).

I know I read as many threads as I can about the process because I plan to do it later this year. Probably in the fall.

Good luck, if nothing else, keep us up to date.

:thumb:

I loved that little scraggly girl.... I still miss seeing her. Oh well, maybe one day I'll have a polyploid of my own..... that would be cool.

I do encourage you to put up a journal here from the start to finish. It will also encourage more people to learn to create feminized seeds and make feminized auto-flowering seeds. It's not that hard but is a little intimidating (from what I've read).

I know I read as many threads as I can about the process because I plan to do it later this year. Probably in the fall.

Good luck, if nothing else, keep us up to date.

:thumb:

Nae problemo dude! I'm pretty proud of my babies coming up. Will be posting a pic or two soon. :thumb:

I loved that little scraggly girl.... I still miss seeing her. Oh well, maybe one day I'll have a polyploid of my own..... that would be cool.

Awwww...you're a romantic! That's so sweet!

Um...what's a polyploid? Not a word I've heard before. :confused:

Well, at least I know it's possible to put them back into veg mode but clearly it does seem to be a bit of a let down quantity wise.

Just to be clear, mine never revegged, but rebloomed. The new growth that developed was flowers from the start.

Back
Top Bottom