cloning auto's

cjkstone

I am interested in some feedback on cloning Auto-flowers, Does the plant need to be in the veg. state to be cloned, I 've looked for a U-Tube tutorial with no success,

i dont know much about autos (well nothing actually). but I dont think they have a "veg" state. I would think that once the plant is big enough to take a clone, its already well into flowering. You could probably take a cut from it, but there would be no veg period for the new cutting either, it will just keep on from where it left off, (thats if it survives and roots).....just my 2 cents really though, hopefully someone else will chime in...

i dont know much about autos (well nothing actually). but I dont think they have a "veg" state. I would think that once the plant is big enough to take a clone, its already well into flowering. You could probably take a cut from it, but there would be no veg period for the new cutting either, it will just keep on from where it left off, (thats if it survives and roots).....just my 2 cents really though, hopefully someone else will chime in...

yep thats why cloning auto's is pointless ...due to the fact that they are flowering chronologically any clones will be chronologically at the same point as the "mother" and the same time frame will apply to the clones reaching maturity, thats if you can get them to root sufficiently in time to put on any decent growth before the time frame expires. ;)

tissue culture may be the only we to clone auto plants as this process is done in petri dishes in labs using slithers of stems and leaves
and producing plants as if they came from seed ie:the product from the lab are no different from seedlings.
a very expensive endevour but probably the only viable way to produce genetically identical auto clones

there is an experiment on here were a experienced grower tried with terrible results , just a waist of time ,soil,nutes i wish !! it would be nice though...

Back
Top Bottom