Cloning fan leaf?

Maer

I have some bubblegummer, C99, and C99 / Haze plant I started from seed. They are 5 weeks old and the secondary branches are just starting, not nearly long enough to clone. I want to flip them to 12 / 12 but I want clones 1st. Can I clone a fan leave? Sorry for asking I couldn't find this in any of the FAQ's

I don't think it can't be done. If the cutting isn't big enough it dies before it can establish a root system. Feel free to try, it's only 1 fan leaf, she won't even notice it's gone.

Try it and see what happens i would be interested in seeing what happens. I want to take some clones off of mine here soon but they need another couple of weeks of grow time. I don't think the leafs have what it takes to produce roots but you never know until you try. :peacetwo:

Yes you can clone just a fan leaf I want to clone one and put it on my desk.
... and then what? :) No, in all honesty: The chances of just one fan leaf rooting and surviving are... small. I have read a lot about getting a fan leaf to root, but I have yet to see consistent results, a.k.a. "pics or it didn't happen". In theory, it can be done. In practise, it doesn't make much sense if you can take big, beautiful clones that dependably root given the right circumstances.

....sit and look at it all day long, till night time but it won't get lonesome because i am going to come right back and it wont even miss me
If you plucked a maple leaf would it grow?

i'm pretty sure you CAN'T clone a fan leaf,,, i saw a thread on it once, where a guy had a leaf with roots, but it was proven to be a fake....

I have some bubblegummer, C99, and C99 / Haze plant I started from seed. They are 5 weeks old and the secondary branches are just starting, not nearly long enough to clone. I want to flip them to 12 / 12 but I want clones 1st. Can I clone a fan leave? Sorry for asking I couldn't find this in any of the FAQ's

No. Clones should have at least 4+ nodes to get a good sucess. Its the stem you are cutting when cloning and not a leaf.

LUDA.
:smokin:

I've been researching the HELL out of this lately.:reading420magazine: From what I have learned (haven't tried cloning yet) you can't get a fan leaf to root.You need part of the plants stalk (4"-6" of it) because thats where the new roots come from. Again I have not yet tried cloning, but from all that I've read this info stays pretty consistent.

I've been researching the HELL out of this lately.:reading420magazine: From what I have learned (haven't tried cloning yet) you can't get a fan leaf to root.You need part of the plants stalk (4"-6" of it) because thats where the new roots come from. Again I have not yet tried cloning, but from all that I've read this info stays pretty consistent.

Correct. The roots come from a stalk and not a petiole.

CHRIS.
:smokin:

its not possible to clone a leaf, plus if you did mange to pull it off then all you would have is 1 leaf and nothing more as their would be no stem to grow so you would end up with just 1 leaf for as long as you kept it alive,

here is another option open to you though, if their to small to clone from and you do want to keep the strain around they why not go with a reveg, all you do is flower the plant as normal, but then when you harvest just leave the smallest amount of growth on the plant, so the small tiny buds or a few small lower inner branches, leave these on the plant after harvest then put the plant back under a veg schedule, id use 24-0 or 20-4 until the plant is back in veg then use the schedule you want to use,

i reveg often and it gives you a monster cropped plant which means many many more branches and some really crazy growth, harvest next time round is increased by anything from 20 to 40%

a reveg does take time how ever, after you harvest the plant needs to be fed a weak veg nutrient feed about 1/4 strength, then put plant under 20-4 or 24-0. for the first week you wont notice any new growth, week 2 you will notice some strange single bladed leaves, week 3 you will be back in veg and you will have a monster cropped plant which means many many branches, you will have branches growing out of branches and you will have more clones than you know what to do with, instead of having a small xmas tree shaped plant you will have a big bush that looks like its been under a scrog, the yield will be a lot bigger after a reveg, once its back in veg just veg as long as you like then flip back to 12-12 for flower,
ive revegged the same plant 3 or 4 times with no problems what so ever, all that happens is you get a monster cropped plant with many branches,

If you cut the stem above and below the leaf and bury that it can take root. Not a good way to clone pot.
That method is used commercially for many edible and ornamental plants.

yep, but this is not just the leaf stem though,

im pretty sure you cant clone just a single leaf on its own stem,
you need some sort of main stem or side branch that can be planted below the growing medium or in a cloner so the roots can grow from that, the leaf will take in the light needed to make the stem grow, so without the stem you wont get anything apart from the single leaf,

im pretty sure the clone needs to have a growing tip or a node that has growing tips, if he just uses a single fan leaf with a bit of stem above and below then their is nothing left to grow, when you top a plant by cutting the stem then the stem no longer grows upwards, instead the growth below the part you cut becomes the top or 2 tops in the caes of topping,

so for a clone to become a plant you need some sort of growing tip on it, this can either be the top of the plant or the tip of a branch of i guess if you did want to cut above and below a fan leaf then you need to make sure their is a node that can produce a new stem from,

ThankS guys, it was only a test anyhow. i have been a grower for many year. Does ur man wih the tdesk want to swap my leaf for a few seeds, lol :p

You cannot 'clone' a fan leaf. It is possible to root a fan leaf but it will not grow into a full fledged plant.
20171009_160327.jpg
20171009_160301.jpg
20171009_160225.jpg

Back
Top Bottom