Cloning From Young Plants

IndoorHaze

I have very limited space for growing, and stealth is a big factor. My current situation is, I have 4 healthy plants about 3 1/2 weeks old, the tallest is over a foot. Wanting to sex the plants and choose which one to flower, the others have to go due to cramped growing space [about 24" x 40" x 6']. I can't keep a mother, so I am going to clone each plant and flower the remains while the clones root. I topped the plants a week ago and am getting great growth. My question is, can I lop off the top of the plants for my clones? There is plenty of other growth below where I want to cut. I can't let them grow for much more than another week as they are already crowded in my space. Can't believe how big they got this fast, growing in coco and Pure Blend Pro. Once I have it down to one plant I can take some time to veg and train it before flower.

yes, you can use your tops for clones. the only thing to keep in mind is that 3 nodes on the clone is ideal and the length should be roughly 2-4in in length. Also, i was always led to believe that clones from the top of the plant are a little harder to root then those from the lower branches because the ones from the lower branches contain more of the proper hormones. shoot, i just recently got a 2ft root system on a single leaf that i put into my aeroponic cloner just to see if i could get roots to grow from it. my point being is that you can pretty much get roots to grow on anything.. anyhow, i hope this helped.

I have about 2 inches of stem, then a pair of fan leaves below the two tops [and above the lower growth]. The tops each have a couple of nodes already, and will probably pop another node before I'm ready to cut.

Back
Top Bottom