Old Fishtank
Waterbed heater w/thermostat
Fluorescent light
Peat Pellets
Spray Bottle
Saran Wrap

Optional
No-Damp

You should first start by hanging your fluorescent light in a nice but not noticeable place, a 20 watt bulb is recommended for this project. When the light is hung, the next step is to lay out the waterbed heating pad. The pad is laid out so that the fishtank will be sitting directly on top of it. You should make sure you place your thermostat near your fishtank for easy access, and that it is set at 80deg F for most cuttings. If you're rooting tropical varieties, I would suggest a setting closer to 90deg F.

The next step is preparation of the fishtank. You should clean your fishtank with a mild detergent. Once it is cleaned good, and dry, fill the bottom two inches with soil. Once you're done, place your fishtank on top of the heating pad and beneath the light. Next you should mix the amount of water you'll be using with the amount of No-damp needed, before moistening the soil within the fishtank. Water the soil, do not leave it dry and do not make it too wet. This will keep the peat pellet at the correct moisture.

Next take your freshly cut clones and place them into peat pellets which have been expanded. You should bury the pellets most of the way into the soil, this will keep the pellets moist, warm, and will allow the roots to grow into the soil. Once you have all the pellets in place, you are ready to place the temperature probe from the waterbed heating pad. Place the probe about an inch above the soil; make sure its not touching the soil, fishtank, or any plants and pellets. The probe will control the temperature within the fishtank to keep your new cuttings happy.

Mix up a spray bottle of cold water and the needed amount of No-Damp. Give the plants, the soil, and the inside walls of the tank a good misting. Mist everything without making the water bead and runoff. Cover the terrarium with saran wrap to maintain temperature and humidity. You should leave a one inch gap for fresh air. Plug everything in, turn on your light and waterbed heating pad. The pad will warm your environment to optimum temperatures, plus you have just made a high humidity environment for your plants to root. The pellets will moisturize themselves from the soil and the temperature will remain the same.

Check it daily, and give the inside of the tank a light misting. As long as there is still moisture on the tank glass, misting is not needed. If you follow these directions exactly, in six to eight days you will have roots growing through the soil.

great write up! everything you could need.

noname, stick with them, hopefully the roots are just about to pop through, did you use a rooting hormone before putting them in their peat pellets? the fact they still look healthy is a good sign

No name: I reckon at 14 days they still have a chance. At a month chuck 'em.
If some have rooted, but others not, then keep the rooted ones and chuck the rest. Remember: Green for Go!

I just got through using this method for cloning. Followed the directions exactly and it worked fantastic. This was my first try at cloning and I had 8 out of 10 survive. Very happy with the results. Thanks Medical Marijuana!

Like to share some pictures with everyone of this setup. This is my second time using MMs system with excellent results.
I came by one blueberry bean and was able to grow her into a fine looking mother plant. After about 3 weeks I cut her up (bout made me cry,lol) and was able to come up with 10 clones from her. Followed MMs instructions and all 10 grew roots. Saved 7 as that was all I needed. 6 for a SCROG grow and one kept as a mother.
Hope everyones finds these pictures useful. Thanks once again MM.
dupa_013.JPG

dupa_009.JPG

dupa_004.JPG

dupa_0182.JPG

dupa_0188.jpg

Back
Top Bottom