cloning problem

USTABEE

:helpsmilie:
Hello,
NewB here....and I have a problem.
My friend let me take all the clones I want from his crop.
His plants were app.4 weeks old

Took cuts as directed
soaked in rooting solution for 15 seconds
Put in rockwool cubes
Put in Cube tray..sprayed mist in dome
cover dome and
WILT...thought they would come back but NO
WILT WILT
Thought I was doing everything according to all these forums
and Wilt
Please Help:thanks:

I just use cheap powder to clone dip cutting in water, dip in powder, pop in a rapid rooter, toss in a small rubber maid tote with tap water with a air stone and Mykos extreme gardening. CFL on 24/7 temp around 80 F mist few times a day. roots in a week. one of the gardening trays would work for this too. I have a stealth box I use for cloning easier to keep the temps warm for the cuts. Did you keep a light on them ?

Thanx for the response so soon

Yes i put them immediately under T5 s and they just fell
over and never looked back

They will be a little limp for a day or two, but they should pop up pretty quick when under CFL 24/7. Kola320 asks a good question about cutting size. I have never used cloning solution/powder, I just take lower branches cut them at a 45 degree, and place them in RO water (most bottled water) with the rockwool soaking in there as well.

I poke a hole all the way through the rockwool cube, I then re-cut my clone 45's into more like a 60-65 degree cut, squeeze out rockwool a bit and stick clone in where I feel it hitting the bottom of the rockwool, and then adjust up about 1/4-1/2 inch. They go into a clone dome and I do exactly the rest like Kola320.

Also, when they root don't use nutes for a couple weeks, then you can slowly feed with diluted nutes.

Thx again for the response

I cut them about 4 maybe 5 inches leaving at least one set of nodes plus top.
with one set of nodes snipped at stem and a 45 at the base
Clonex gel for a quick dip
Rockwool cubes
immediately under T 5 s
wilted right over
I let em sit for 24 hrs and they never recovered

Thx again for the response

I cut them about 4 maybe 5 inches leaving at least one set of nodes plus top.
with one set of nodes snipped at stem and a 45 at the base
Clonex gel for a quick dip
Rockwool cubes
immediately under T 5 s
wilted right over
I let em sit for 24 hrs and they never recovered

Are you soaking your rockwool cubes in RO water (most bottled water) prior to sticking them in the rockwool cubes & placing them in the clone dome? I'm only making sure, because a little mist in the clone dome with dry rockwool cubes isn't going to do anything except make the clones wilt.

Are you soaking your rockwool cubes in RO water (most bottled water) prior to sticking them in the rockwool cubes & placing them in the clone dome? I'm only making sure, because a little mist in the clone dome with dry rockwool cubes isn't going to do anything except make the clones wilt.

Hey Green
i do soak my rockwool cubes and squeeze em out b 4 use..
I thought I was doing the same as I have learned both here and elsewhere
I think i may have buried the little girls pre mature but 24 hrs and no luck

Try Again...I guess

if you "squeeze" the RW,its really not good for it,it crushes the air pockets inside,I find"shaking" the water works best,personally I have a hard time with RW

My cutting's get indirect light,{34wt-t-8}I never put under a direct light,until roots start to happen.
to strong of a light,is what kill clones in the begginging

If you use a small light,not really a need to cut leaves,there is not much photosynthesizes,they keep working on root develpoement

these are about a week old,no cut leaves,still green,low light 1 34 wt bulb for everyone.
clone_station1.JPG

Hey Green
i do soak my rockwool cubes and squeeze em out b 4 use..
I thought I was doing the same as I have learned both here and elsewhere
I think i may have buried the little girls pre mature but 24 hrs and no luck

Try Again...I guess

Do you have 70%-80% RH in the clone dome?
Any major temp swings?
What are you using to cut the 45's on the clone?
Have you ever tried without the clonex?

I use a turbo kloner so a "bubble cloner" but I'd recommend clonex gel for rooting in Rockwool. Also Auggie is great at cloning as well he may have some good advice.
DSC_05936.JPG

Do you have 70%-80% RH in the clone dome?
Any major temp swings?
What are you using to cut the 45's on the clone?
Have you ever tried without the clonex?
Thanks to all of you for the input..
I will try to do it again
Next time with pics
I am just learning this forum thing
Thanx again for the help:goodjob:

that thing is a beast man,and yes,I believe auggie should have some good tips,his cuttings are outstanding,like yours

Thanks for the vote of confidence fellas - hope I can live up to it.

I recently went thru a very frustrating experience of trying to clone an uncooperative Harlequin. She just would NOT give it up.

OP: You describe yourself as a 'newbie'. Are you a newbie to this forum? or a newbie to cloning? Makes a BIG difference. When I was wrestling with that Harlequin I KNEW it wasn't ME. How did I know this? Because I put up multiple trays of other genetics; Blackberry Kush, AK47, Blue Dream, Super Skunk - - and they ALL sprouted. The Harlequin tray was the only one that didn't. So, I knew it wasn't me. It was the genetic. At that point I needed to find out what THAT particular girl wanted, so I had to try different things.

IF you are new at cloning - - I would suggest trying to clone a different genetic to see if you are successful at that. Some are just difficult to get to sprout.
IF you are experienced at cloning - - I would suggest getting back to basics. Read up on it as though you were new at cloning. Be sure the simple stuff is right. Clean utensils, temps and Ph right, clean sharp razor for the 45 degree cut, etc. Even master chefs refer to the recipe once in a while. Even brain surgeons look up procedures once in a while. Pilots of airplanes have check lists that they MUST do before each trip. Get back to basics. Check everything.

Do you have a Ph pen? That is the smartest purchase I have ever made. It has got to be right. I keep mine at 6.1 (with the exception of the Harlequin - fussy bitch that she is).
I gave up on Rockwool years ago. It is either too wet or instantly dry. I use Oasis cubes (they're cheaper too) and get good results. Don't squeeze the RW - soak it in Ph'd solution at 6.1, let them drain for a few minutes then go for it.

I can not over stress the importance of Ph in cloning.

Keep hammering at it.

~ Auggie ~

PS: Yes, the Harlequin finally sprouted. I figured out that she liked a Ph closer to 5.6 and I needed to use LOT of Clonex. (Dutty's suggestion of 15+ML per gal). Plus I moved it to a cooler room.

Back
Top Bottom