Cloning with CFL's

MeCrObS

Just picked up my supplies for my clone room, check it out!
imagejpg15_zpsf24b9565.png

imagejpg1_zps3ded76d9.png

Going to house all this inside a cardboard box with the lights hanging from the top. Just one question, I did some research and to my knowledge the CFL's I bought should be appropriate for my setup, but I just want to be sure so I don't kill my clones. I have 4 23watt CFL's at 1600 lumens each. Giving a total of 92watts and 6,400 lumens. I've read around and the standard seems to be 6,500. A difference of 100 lumens shouldn't be a big deal for clones right?

I will be starting clones on Friday and I can't wait to get them on their way! I've read just about every how-to and watched a ton of videos on cloning so I feel fairly confident my clones will root without a hitch *knock on wood*.

Any input or constructive criticism is very welcome. Need all the pro tips I can get as I need these clones to start a new mother plant and will be plantless if I lose them all! I have a few random bag seeds but those are my last resort!

You are just fine with 6400 lums. The clones are working on new root system so they are not that picky about light. You got a kick ass clone setup for only making one trip to store lol. Clones are kinda easy for the most part. Just keeping them from drying out and humidity up and they will do most of the work on there own. I have done a few videos on cloning. Tip I can give is cut about 3/4 inch below a node and scrape the stem with a razor then use razor to split stem in half about 1/2 inch long. Then let them sit in cone gel or powder for about 2 or 3 min then get them in dome. Remember to spray underside of lid with water to help keep humidity up then foliar feed once or twice a day until you see roots. Then start leaving dome off to let them get use to fresh air but only for about 10 too 15 min at first. When you see lots of roots or a root or two about 2+ inch long the clone should be able to be out of dome. I wish you the best.

You got a kick ass clone setup for only making one trip to store lol.
Yes I did lol, I did all my research before walking in the store. Made a list and everything lol

Remember to spray underside of lid with water to help keep humidity up then foliar feed once or twice a day until you see roots.
I've read about foliar feed before but I don't understand what it is. Nutrients maybe? I was told by the lady at my local hydro store that all I needed for clones was the correct ph adjusted water. She also said I don't need to use distilled water, which I've read on here that tap contains chlorine that can mess with the plant or soil so she may just be trying to spoil my grow. If you could shed some light on the topic of what nutrients to use when cloning that would be great. I saw on a cloning guide that said you should use distilled water with a ph of 5.5-5.8 and a tablespoon or two of big bloom nutes. I was planning on using distilled water with the correct ph and foxfarms big bloom. But then again I've also seen tutorials that say nothing of nutes and just use water. Starts to make your head spin! Please help with this dilemma of mine as it is my only hang up with starting my clones Friday. Thanks again for all your help!

Hey man great start. cfls work great with clones and I even use them for veg to save money insted of burning the mh. But next time around some of your clones have perfect amount of leaves but some you could have cut some leaves off not that they won't root but the clone will be waisting energy on trying to keep those leaves alive insted of concentrating on rooting. You will do just fine. when they start to root let me suggest that when you transplant especially if in soil, get yourself some root stimulator like great white. Roots love this shit but the great white can be a little pricey but earth juice makes a root stimulator for around 8 bucks for 16 oz. And I also see a yuengling beer there so this tells me we are from the same neck of the woods so best of luck to ya!!!

Thats great bro. lmao my last shot at clones took 14 days to root. clone tek? I just started to get into cloning and I used clonex. Is this available in most hydro stores???

Back
Top Bottom