Cloning With Honey: 7Dust2

Ok never done this before . But we are going to try it.
Cloning with Honey.
Yes plain Jane honey. Idea is keep bacteria away from your plant so roots can grow.

Step 1. pick a stem. At node. Node will produce the roots . Cut 45degree angle. Also can slice a little in middle of you want it to branch. Me rather just let it grow naturally.

Step 2 grab ur cutting and dip into honey . I am using regular honey right off shelf of the grocery store.

Step3 place in dirt good level of ph dirt I prefer of all dirt fox farm

Step 4
Place heat pad under cutting for warm humidity and place bag or box cover over plant.

Step 5
grab spray bottle with clean water inside to start humidity to give a good start to your plant..

Step 6. Wait and watch your plant.
Now it can tell you alot.
Brown on bottle of stem near dirt. It's dead. Will not grow .
Too of the plant stem dies turns brown. But bottom is still green. Roots have formed and growing.. leaves may yellow but normal. Plant is using all it's energy to grow roots

IMG_20211224_153928.jpg

IMG_20211224_164051.jpg
Hey @7Dust2 good stuff, honey works that's how I do it, my last cloning session, 31 clones rooted from 32.

I mean, not to be a cucumber-like-something, but just dunking a cutting in water with an airstone, or daily replaced water, works as well. The real question would be, does honey work any better than that or an actual rooting hormone.

What you basically do by using honey, is taking advantage of the anti bacterial and fungal properties of it, to protect the clone, that will otherwise root as if you are using just water. It has exactly 0 compounds that will aid rooting otherwise, so in a clean res I think you are only inviting stuff that likes sugars to find the source.

If you really prefer something natural, plant a willow, and use its sap.

Idk I always used root compound . But I'm out so we had honey and always heard it works. I do say this. Plant never really got weak or alot of yellowing like normal. So far it seems to be better . But not sure 100% ether. Yet. But seems to be alive and well so far

I'm gonna try this - I've have terrible results with cloning.
Pretty simple really green.
Take stem off main stock at the node and dip in honey and dirt. Then bag it keep humidity up. Just warm room and water droplets inside of bag. I hardly ever have one die. But is first time I ever used honey.

Take stem off main stock at the node and dip in honey and dirt. Then bag it keep humidity up. Just warm room and water droplets inside of bag. I hardly ever have one die. But is first time I ever used honey.
Yep - I've tried everything but a bubbler and the mister - I've had it work once!!!

Yep - I've tried everything but a bubbler and the mister - I've had it work once!!!
Best way get humidity. Get you a bag zio lock bag out of kitchen and just spray water inside the bag then cover

IMG_20220104_190158.jpg

Yabutt....I grow outdoors and 80 some acres sooooo.....I have to watch that I don't get too carried away. :rofl:
In the Spring when the greenhouse is starting to warmup nicely...it is soooo easy to just drop a few more seeds, not just weed, you name it!!! It is just so fun to watch them!!! :ciao:

Yabutt....I grow outdoors and 80 some acres sooooo.....I have to watch that I don't get too carried away. :rofl:
In the Spring when the greenhouse is starting to warmup nicely...it is soooo easy to just drop a few more seeds, not just weed, you name it!!! It is just so fun to watch them!!! :ciao:
Dang 80 acres. That's would be nice as hell. I would be in heaven or locked up. Not sure which one yet.

Back
Top Bottom