Cloning With Honey: 7Dust2

Ok never done this before . But we are going to try it.
Cloning with Honey.
Yes plain Jane honey. Idea is keep bacteria away from your plant so roots can grow.

Step 1. pick a stem. At node. Node will produce the roots . Cut 45degree angle. Also can slice a little in middle of you want it to branch. Me rather just let it grow naturally.

Step 2 grab ur cutting and dip into honey . I am using regular honey right off shelf of the grocery store.

Step3 place in dirt good level of ph dirt I prefer of all dirt fox farm

Step 4
Place heat pad under cutting for warm humidity and place bag or box cover over plant.

Step 5
grab spray bottle with clean water inside to start humidity to give a good start to your plant..

Step 6. Wait and watch your plant.
Now it can tell you alot.
Brown on bottle of stem near dirt. It's dead. Will not grow .
Too of the plant stem dies turns brown. But bottom is still green. Roots have formed and growing.. leaves may yellow but normal. Plant is using all it's energy to grow roots

IMG_20211224_153928.jpg

IMG_20211224_164051.jpg

Yeah they do that cause you don't want leaves to grow and roots to form. Plant will direct all to rooting to survive . I usually just cut leaves in half to stop the growth of them and such.

Had to add a coat hanger to keep the bag from touching the plant .
Prior to constructing my hydroponic cloner, I used to take a water bottle (the type you can carry, buy in vending machines), cut the top of, drill a hole in the bottom, and upside down it over the plant.

Prior to constructing my hydroponic cloner, I used to take a water bottle (the type you can carry, buy in vending machines), cut the top of, drill a hole in the bottom, and upside down it over the plant.
Inventive for sure. I got water bag from hospital with clip thing I use for watering. Slow slow drip

Ok never done this before . But we are going to try it.
Cloning with Honey.
Yes plain Jane honey. Idea is keep bacteria away from your plant so roots can grow.
The idea of using Honey instead of a rooting hormone caught my attention. This might just work after some experimentation. Let us know how it works out as compared to the more traditional methods.

I noticed that the heating mat is wrapped all the way around the Solo cup. Is this also new or have you done this sort of thing before? I thought that the mats would be way to warm to be wrapped all the way around instead of just under the bottom of the cup.

Yeah I took the mat off this morning before I ready your post. It is to hot I picked it up look at her to see if soil and lower stem was dying or growing. It's only day 3 but seems to be living still. Had to give little water to her but . Idk. I put mat inside the bag now, not wrapped around her. It's cold here and need to keep steady temp. Give her best chance . Never used honey or cinnamon or anything but rooting compound. But what the heck why not .
Never hurts to try.

IMG_20211226_141432.jpg

I did this so people could see. Ok in cloning with Honey. Works fine. Like a champ
Day 6 and clipping is not death or signs of going to die.
Illustration
No darking or discoloration at base of stem. . also Stiffing if stem at leaves
No brown brown leaves etc

Back
Top Bottom