Cloning Young! Young forever!?

Ok as many of use go threw with our plants is that the branches underneath all of the fan leaves doesnt get much light. Well Instead of cutting off the fan leaves that the plant store food from why not just clip those branches for clones? I have a 3 week ending veg plant and I want to clone a branch that doesnt get any light. So how young can I clone? And would I be able to clone this branch, its a good growing healthy plant. Any info would help. :Namaste:

As you can see in this picture the lower branch is not getting any light so I want to clone it. I already LST the plant.
IMG_0157_1_1.JPG

This clone is growing ...... and you can see how young it is.

Mini_Me1.jpg

about 10-12 days

When I started the first four, I was using dirt and did use a dome. They didn't do well in dirt. The next batch I put straight from cut to bubble cloner. I didn't use any kind of dome with them. Since they are basically in the water it's not neccessary. The next batch I try, I am going to be using rapid rooters (to see how that does) and I will be using a dome for them.

They look really good. I'm looking forward to trying my rapid rooter. My girls have to grow some first before I try more clones.

I spoke with this guy i always see at my hydro store, he told me best clones to take are the smallest branches that get no light. He said those will root faster. Pretty much how i did it. He said put them in rockwool cubes then set that in perlite and water, leave the dome on for 9 days. Ill try that next time if these ones dont root. Also he said its best to take clones from a mother plant that gets 24hr light. Take 12 clones at once and then let it heel for 2 months and then do it again. Hes been growing for 8 years and showed me alot and he got some good bud. It knocked me on my ass lol. Saved me from spending alot of money to. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom