Cloning

Very good. The more you don't have success, as long as you keep trying, and learn something each time the better you will be at cloning in the end because you will understand the reasons why this or that makes a difference.
If you could add a little more detail describing "died" and I'm sure we may be able to help. If the environment is perfect sniping the fan leaves off will slow the time it takes the cuttings to root but won't make them die suddenly.
There is another factor or two that may need a little adjustment to have better success.
Good job trying again. Keep us posted. Oh and taking clones will never hurt your yield if you do it right it will only increase it ;) ....may need a couple extra days of veg but larger yield all the same.

Very good. The more you don't have success, as long as you keep trying, and learn something each time the better you will be at cloning in the end because you will understand the reasons why this or that makes a difference.
If you could add a little more detail describing "died" and I'm sure we may be able to help. If the environment is perfect sniping the fan leaves off will slow the time it takes the cuttings to root but won't make them die suddenly.
There is another factor or two that may need a little adjustment to have better success.
Good job trying again. Keep us posted. Oh and taking clones will never hurt your yield if you do it right it will only increase it ;) ....may need a couple extra days of veg but larger yield all the same.

Ye:) its my first grow so im only learning and boy its fun ill post pics in a minute and show you whats happening with the new clones

20170430_150636.jpg
20170430_150611.jpg

They both looking sad what do I do hahah

The humidity is too low. The cutting cannot perform their natural processes, including producing roots because they need water. They have no roots yet and need to take in their water through the leaves. If the air is not rich in water content (low humidity) they will wilt and die.
A couple of factors that most people over look is the speed with which the cutting is taking from the plant and placed it the media or areoponic cloner. Very important that it is as fast as possible. Also where,the cutting is taken from the plant is the next most important factor. Short, new, vigorous growth will root the fastest and have the highest success rate.
Those cuttings look like very leggy tops. Because of that it requires must more effort and energy for those cuttings to root. If done properly they will root just fine but it will always take longer and if you are just learning I would try to increase your chances of success by selecting the easiest to clone cuttings from the plant.

Just so you know. The information I share with you is not something I read or have done a couple of times. I have a degree in plant biology and have made a very good living for the past 25 years because of it. A few years ago I had a few mother plants that were constantly out growing their space and I did a lot of experimentation with cloning Canabis. I used every different method of cloning and experimented with taking cuttings of all sizes for all different parts of the plant. They all would root. The difference was in the speed and health.

If you look at a couple of the pictures I posted on the previous page you will see that not only to my cuttings not droop at all they also to not yellow from clorophyl depletion as you see with most clones but most importantly there are growing in a vegetative state through the entire process. I am currently doing the second transplant this morning, on clones I cut 13 days ago, that were planted after 9 days (had roots in 5 days from cutting) and have already out grown their solo cups yesterday.

These factors make all the difference in cloning success and speed of rooting.
-Taking the cutting and transferring it to the media as fast as possible
-size of the cutting
-humidity or means for the plant to take in water as well as air

Also I found that if all the important factors for what the cuttings need to root are present. Rooting hormones (gels/powders) provide higher reliability but slow rooting time slightly. I tried it every which way and if the environment is perfect and the proper cutting are taken and handled well no rooting hormone beats rooting hormone use every time. If the cloning procedure is not done 100% properly than rooting hormone can insure a slightly higher success rate.

You need to increase humidity by placing a clear dome over the cutting that lets in light and allows humidity build until the cutting has produced roots

Bro! thats awesome read cheers mate will try a smaller one to clone this time i have a humidity dome but the red cups were too big for it haha ill try fit it in there tonight and i also use a cloning hormone if that helps in the humidty dome should i leave a layer of water in the bottom ?

so get this the first 2 clones i did i swore they died right and pulled them out of the cups and put 2 new ones in right and with the old 2 i was lazy and put them in my sink and forgot about them one of the taps had a slow drip and both of the clones perked up over like a 2 days after i threw them out so im thinking that there is too much light hitting them and iv pumped more water and put them under the leaves of there mother plant so only a bit of light gets through will update over the next 2 days i just cant believe that the cuttings were living in my sink after i thought they died haha xD anyone seen heard of this

Just really starting to get the hang of cloning myself. My success rate has been near 50%. After a lot of trial and error I've gotten much better, learning the importance of lower light levels and finally getting the composition of the soil mix right for cloning. Killed many clones with too much T5 light before I realized I was frying them. And the ones that did root a good 2 weeks minimum. Now with the proper light levels I get roots in 7- 10 days.

Back
Top Bottom