Close to harvest- light cycle questions

freelover32

Okay So I have eighteen days left on my girl. They will be chopped on day 58 of 12/12. They have been on 12/12 for 40 days now and I wonder. Does bringing a half hour more, or an hour more of darkness like a 11/13 cycle increase bud production and resin buildup? (it seems to me most of the weight gets added on during lights off and when the lights are on the just soak up all the energy from them and put it to work with lights off) Just curious if anyone had tried experimenting with this:)

These pics are day 35. They have grow considerably since then:)
008706.JPG
006807.JPG
004988.JPG
0031061.JPG
0011117.JPG

Just curious how you know you have 18 days until harvest... Usually most growers will go by when the plant says its ready, not by what seed manufacturers recommend, because this time can vary depending on environment of growing. I would recommend that you go off the trichome coloration and the calyx swelling. On a lot of my grows my plants usually run 70 plus days in flowering, and some of my OG's have gone around 100 days..

Just curious how you know you have 18 days until harvest... Usually most growers will go by when the plant says its ready, not by what seed manufacturers recommend, because this time can vary depending on environment of growing. I would recommend that you go off the trichome coloration and the calyx swelling. On a lot of my grows my plants usually run 70 plus days in flowering, and some of my OG's have gone around 100 days..

I hae to shop them on day 58 cuz I have family coming in the weekend after. Otherwise trust me I would let them go longer if I had the time. I would let them go 9 or 10 weeks. Its just not an option on this grow

They have the Diminishing-Light Cycle that ive heard of but I have seriously heard of 50% of the growers complain about plants herm'n on them when its changed...The other 50% swear by it. Introducing a longer dark cycle will allow the plant to develop essential sugars and aminos used in the trich & development process...that being said, id assume its a fine line between creating too much stress for the plants and benefiting from the difference via aroma/taste. I'd also assume this would be more beneficial for the organic soil-based grower as this is something that lends itself to aroma & resin weight increases through mel-transfers. (Not saying hydro couldn't use it but it might be less noticeable in that type of setup.)

CHEERS MATE!!!

Back
Top Bottom