Closet Grow Box, Few Questions

sfsgosu

Hey all, I'm new to these forums but I've heard that there's alot of knowledgeable people on here so hopefully someone can help :D

I apologize in advance if any of my questions could have been answered by searching, I did try but was unsuccessful.

Okkay. I'd like to set up a closet grow box. The closet I'm using is a standalone closet, it's 4ft wide and 6ft high. I have some very basic grow knowledge so I'm gonna need some help with a few different things.

I'd like to fit as many plants in here as I can, I'm thinking maybe 12? 6 on bottom and 6 on top, 3 ft high of grow space for both rows (3ft including the space needed for the lights), can that be done with a compact strain? Maybe lowryder or lowryder 2?

Another thing is lights.. What kind would be the most realistic for this type of set up? I'm not looking to spend too much money on super-nice grow lights because I'm not really trying to grow THE best bud possible haha.

And my last question for now would be about seeds, does anyone know of any reliable seed companies? I've looked at alot of different websites but I'd rather order from somewhere that people have actually used and recommend.

Thanks in advance everyone, look forward to some replies.

I wouldnt go above 400watts in a 3x3 space, but thats just me. HPS(High Pressure Sodium) is the best thing out there so far for flowering that I know of. And MH(Metal Halide) is the standard for veg, that and CFLs(Compact Flourescent lighting). LEDs are becomming more popular now too, but thats a whole other story.

I talked to StonerGrower for awhile in PMs and he was really helpful with alot of questions, thanks man.

I decided that i'm gonna go with an autoflowering dwarf from lowlife seeds, not exactly sure which one yet but theyre all pretty similar. And im gonna go with a HPS lighting setup (not really sure how many watts yet).

New question arrives (theyll come as i get the list together of all the stuff im gonna be ordering lol xD).

Should i line the inside of this bad boy with foil or a different reflective material, or none at all? Not really sure if it makes a big difference or not.

Thanks in advance

sorry forgive me for i am stoned. what i meant to ask was, what are the dimensions of the box you'll be growing in? you said you're closet is 4ft wide and 6ft high so i automatically assumed you'd be using the whole closet.

ah ic. the closet im gonna be using is 1.75ft deep, 5ft wide and 5ft high, all of that is for the complete set up including space needed for lights

Foil can create hotspots in your grow room, not a good thing to use. The cheapest way is to just paint the walls flat white....This works very well and is effective at reflecting light. Another thing you could do is get a roll of mylar and line the walls with it, this is your best bet in my book. Ive used white walls...Ive used mylar, and I dont notice a big difference. So they are both good if you ask me.

Should i line the inside of this bad boy with foil or a different reflective material, or none at all? Not really sure if it makes a big difference or not.

Foil can create hotspots in your grow room, not a good thing to use. The cheapest way is to just paint the walls flat white....This works very well and is effective at reflecting light. Another thing you could do is get a roll of mylar and line the walls with it, this is your best bet in my book. Ive used white walls...Ive used mylar, and I dont notice a big difference. So they are both good if you ask me.

alright thanks

so are you going to run 2 lights? its gonna be really hot, im picturing 2 shelves of plants correct? if so one light wont be enough to get through to the bottom shelf and having two might cause a heat problem.

so are you going to run 2 lights? its gonna be really hot, im picturing 2 shelves of plants correct? if so one light wont be enough to get through to the bottom shelf and having two might cause a heat problem.

yeah you're right, its gonna be way too much of a hassle to keep that cool enough. im either gonna go with 1 400watt hps light or some CFLs, looking into CFLs atm because i dont know too much about them.

Quick question, do supplements like tiger bloom or big bloom really make a difference in bud size or density? if so, which is better, or use both?

Yes, and it makes a big difference. Providing the right supply of nutrients to a plant will increase yield, bigger buds, and more potency.

I use both big bloom and tiger bloom during flowering. I also give them a little beastie bloomz as well. Fox farms organic nutes are my favorite.

Quick question, do supplements like tiger bloom or big bloom really make a difference in bud size or density? if so, which is better, or use both?

personally i dont add nethin to my plants cuz i want it to be organic all the way but if your looking for advice StonerGrower is the man so take what he says to heart

Back
Top Bottom