Closet grow-op

CharlieMopps

This is my first time growing indoors. The last 2 years, i've grown a couple plants outside by the stream but flood waters took em one year and local kids took em last year. Anyway, here's my setup.
IMG_0100.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

I put 2 in a container so that they would fight for light and water. Only the strong survive.
I'm using normal miracle grow potting soil and i mixed in a few handfulls of bloodmeal for some extra nitrogen. There are 3 four foot, two bulb balasts. The outside ones have brite white residential bulbs and the center balast has 2 Ott grow bulbs. A good mix of spectrums. They average 3000 lumens apiece so i think that comes out to 18,000 lumens. I started about 20 seeds and i kept only the 10 best for the first transplant.

Mostly bagseed, but a friend of mine gave me some northern lights seeds but i never labeled them so god knows which ones they are.
The plants are taking off since i watered them again. I'll post up more pics tonight.

nice set up dude..

Anybody know when i can start using nutes? I haven't used anything but straight water so far, for fear of stunting the little plants.

1 or 1 1/2 gallons. I'm starting to see roots on the sides already and they've only been in these pots for about a week. I think i'm gonna transplant to 5 gal buckets in about 2 more weeks. At the same time i'm gonna cut down the 2 scrawniest plants.

Looks good and it may be too late but you really shouldn't have 2 plants in the same pot. When they are bigger they will fight over light and stretch, not to mention complications that can arise when they are fighting for room below ground as well. Plants look healthy though. Rule of thumb is you want at least a 5 gallon pot for 1 plant.

Yeah, i know. I'm kinda just waiting to find the females. I'm not planning on much of a harvest this season, but next one, look out. Clones are my goal for this year's crop. I want to know that i have all females and then go all out for quality bud. Know what i mean?

I just cut the single leaves off the bottom. The round ones and the pointy ones. I heard it focuses more of the plant's energy on new growth.

you shouldn't have cut them off.... if anything, just let those fall off naturally... you think you're helping the plant focus more on new growths when in reality it's focusing on healing what you cut from it...

anyway, good luck with the grow.... hope females turn out

Well, these are a little over 2 months old. I think i'm gonna switch the lights to 12/12 in another month. From seed to bud, you're looking at 5-6 months.

Well i switched the plants to 12/12 last week. The one is showing hairs aready but the other 2 aren't. That's kinda weaksauce to only get one good quality female out of the 16 or so i started. Oh well, it should work for clones. I'll get pics up soon.

Looking good. I'll be peaking in. Keep us posted.

Plants are looking nice man, I actually have a walk in closet that I am thinking about growing in. One question though is it a bad idea to twist a few females together to make a vine for an indoor plant or do you think there wouldnt be enough room and they would fight for light...
thanks

looking healthy, good color and nothing is drooping.

Back
Top Bottom