Closet grow strains

sfhaze

I've been looking around for short strains to fit in a small space. Must autoflower or go quickly on 12/12 and grow no higher then 3 feet tall.

Autoflowering
Lowrider
Lowrider 2
Auto AK47
Auto AK47xBlueberry
Auto AK47xHidu Kush
Auto Hindu Kush

Short
FS Grapefruit
GH El Nino
AK47

Any others?

Just about every strain that is listed for indoor growing fits that description. It mostly depends on when or what height you start the flower phase.

You can always do a 1 week veg and grow some donkey dicks, granted the stress of improper vegetative cycle will cause more males to pop up (at least that is what I have heard).

14inches_11_9_07.jpg

Done with random bagseed. All depends on when you induce flowering. This one was after 3 weeks and isn't even 2ft.

I can't imagine my girls were much than 5" before flowering either. You want to go bigger, wait until their a foot tall. Thats what I'm doin this time.

Thanks for the heads up man^Thats some cool stuff,in the section called Bending they talk about the plants naturally towards the light.The name for that is Phototropism.Incredible how complex these plants are and the balance of breathing what we breath out and vica versa.

Nice part about growing is that you can keep it as simple as you like or get seriously involved and make it as complicated as you like.
All plants that need light bend naturally towards light. It is there primary feeding and energy source but while bringing this up you should also be aware that mj plants uses gravity to tell up from down and will always strive to grow upward.

You can start the flowering process right after germing the plant. Check this link out, it might be of some help.

No Mercy Seeds 12/12 Hours 7 Harvests a Year System

Well, leave it to a seed company to come up with a way to use lots of seed!

The Afropips Fast Blast at the dr. is advertised to go 12/12 at the beginning

Looking at a cabinet, like a Black and Decker Utility (36 x 17 x 71) you could get 20 plants in there on two shelves with this method. Even if it only yielded 1/4 oz per plant it would still be very good and the no mercy guy is getting over 1/2 oz per plant. It's really a great match with led lighting, should total about 100W including the fan, almost nothing on the electricity bill, but the LEDs are $2000, at least right now.

You would be surprized at just how big they get when they are plants from seed.
1/4 oz per plant is more of a small clone which puts out far less if veg time is sacraficed via root development is sacraficed.
The plan is to start 12/12 after 23 days of germing the plant.(Some people do practice 12/12 right after the first node but I am still not convinced that this is worthwhile) Normally a seed sprouts between 3 to 10 days. (giving a wide spread lol)So you still get under two weeks of veg. And we must remember the stretch period during the flower phase. This happens during the beginning of the flower phase. Thats the time when people say OH shit my plant doubled in size.

As for the led thing. They are cool but they still don't compete with the powerful HIDs. Good luck in your venture.

Thanks, They need to stay under 2' tall and have little side branching so going about 2 weeks on veg should be about right I'm guessing from your comments, but I'm sure it depends on the strain.

HIDs would be too hot and they need a lot more space. It wouldn't allow stacking of two shelves in the cabinet. CFLs or flouresent tubes would work, but take a lot more power. The price on the LEDs will eventually come down but even right now a 400W HPS light costs about $150/month to operate in California so it doesn't take all that long to pay back the cost.

Thought it would be closer to fifty bucks a month. But because of heat issues HIDs do suck in cabinets.
The other stuff is mostly just info I give to help show that just because the info comes from a bean seller it doesn't mean its propaganda to trick a person to buy more seeds but to enlighten people that there are different methods of growing that are very effective.
I don't like large plants either. I normally flower by height. I have been doing this since day 1 to try and find the best compact height to grow mj plants with the most optimum yeild. Still working on that.
If you want your plants to stay under 2 feet tall your gonna have to flower when they are 8 to 10 inches tall or your gonna have to tie down the plant.

You are able to get LED's to grow 4' by 4' at a cost of $1200.

That sounds great, is that from a kit? Maybe too much work, Using 4 of the ledtronics plant bar 5's per shelf (8 bars total) is 80W total and costs about $2000 right now. Each shelf is only 36" by 17" I would think a 4' by 4' area would need at least 150W. I'm sure they will come down in price fast but I like those because they are thin and I did see a grow report using a plant bar 3s and it basically worked.

I'm thinking this is really breakthrough technology up to 10oz yield from a utility cabinet that only uses 100W.

Back
Top Bottom