Closet Grow With QB

GreenThunder

I've added a closet space to my operation. It is 2x4x5 feet and lit with an HLG 260xl quantum board.

The current occupants will move in tonight (lights will be on at night instead of day)

Grape Ape, 12 days above ground.

Psycho clone is 30 days old.

Procrastination won again but the plants have now been moved into the closest. As usual, I wonder why I waited (sigh)

Grape Ape, Miranda, is 17 days and was repotted into a 1 gallon (thinking maybe I should have just put her in the 3 gal forever home)

Psycho clone, Agnes, is 35 days and has been up-potted to her 3 gal forever home

They will both live in the closet through harvest so I need to keep them smallish. Scrog or much LST, that is the question... @InTheShed wwyd?

I wish I'd started GA a couple weeks sooner.... will I ever find my round tuit and give up my procrastnative ways?!

Thanks to Shed for the awesome idea to attach a measuring tape to the wall!!

Grape Ape will be easy to keep flat since it's so young, but the psycho clone has already been topped and it's pretty tall. If there's any flexibility in that stem you could start to lean it over to the side and let the undergrowth become new tops. If not, then it looks like you could easily do a quadline like @Derbybud did with his clones. And the 4 mains are staring right at us, so pulling them out and stripping the nodes under them would be the next stage I believe. I'll let the quadliner give you the best advice on that!

Do you want them close to the same height when you flip, and do you know how much stretch each will have? Are you flipping them in the closet?

:rofl:
Grape Ape will be easy to keep flat since it's so young, but the psycho clone has already been topped and it's pretty tall. If there's any flexibility in that stem you could start to lean it over to the side and let the undergrowth become new tops. If not, then it looks like you could easily do a quadline like @Derbybud did with his clones. And the 4 mains are staring right at us, so pulling them out and stripping the nodes under them would be the next stage I believe. I'll let the quadliner give you the best advice on that!

Do you want them close to the same height when you flip, and do you know how much stretch each will have? Are you flipping them in the closet?

How did I miss this?! I'm hoping for close to the same size at flip but don't see that happening. I don't know how much they will stretch but always guess at least twice or more. If Psycho can wait 3 more weeks to flip then I can throw her into the tent.... after a couple in there are harvested. The plan was to flip them both in the closet but I dilly-dallied getting the seed started. This batch wasn't well thought out.... I didn't intend to take a clone but couldn't resist. Now I've already got 2 more seedlings started in the bathroom closet! Someone stop me!!

Do you mean bend the main stem over? Maybe THIS is the piece I've been missing! I'll throw up some current pics after I go upload them (ugh... I hate that part, I always forget to do it before starting a comment)

Def time to bend over Grape Ape like PJ said! It's hard to tell what you did to the clone with all the leaves in there (;)) but I would tie out the 4 mains and do a quadline. You can use the two big ones and the two new ones where you topped (as they grow). Then you take off everything else below those mains. You end up with something like the one the left from Derbybud:
full

Back
Top Bottom