Closet Grow

ChebaChick

So, I am setting up a small grow in a closet that measures 7 ft deep x 4 ft wide x 7 ft tall. I am using a. DWC system that I built a few years back. I have a height-adjustable 1000 w HPS light that will hang from the ceiling. I am wondering if this light is going to be too much for such a small space. The last time I used it in a basement area that was much larger and more well-ventilated. Unfortunately, that is not an option now and I would really like to use this light if I can. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

:thanks:
:Namaste:

Okay...I got everything set up. I have a 4" duct coming from a vent at the bottom of the closet drawing air in from the bedroom (planning to put an inline fan in, it is on order) ti the 1000w HPS light hanging 2' above the plants. I have 4" ducting attached to a blower that is blowing out into another room with a carbon filter. i cannot close the closet door without the room getting up to over 90 degrees within an hour. I really hate to take this light down and use CFL's but i am thinking it is the only way I can keep the room cool and still keep it closed off from the rest of the house. Any suggestions?

i was having this problem with my t-5 light.. i have a 6'x2'x7' i put a blanket over the door to keep light out.. after this, when the lights been on for about a hour it was reaching up near 100. i could leave the door open which dont really work for me.. cuz if i leave the door open i would need there to shut the door for lights out. what i did was cut a hole in the wall between the closets.. i put a big 2 way fan there.(fans 2 feet long like the kind that goes into the window) fan fits into the hole i cut between the closets. sucks all the air out to the closet next to it, and draws air in from the other coroner in the bottom thur a filter.. i know i got the filters backwards but i needed the filter to keep the light out. the reason i went into the closet next to it was i can keep that dark seems to keep the temp at 74 now lights on an low 60s with them off

what i did was cut a hole in the wall between the closets.. i put a big 2 way fan there.(fans 2 feet long like the kind that goes into the window) fan fits into the hole i cut between the closets. sucks all the air out to the closet next to it, and draws air in from the other coroner in the bottom thur a filter

Did you use just a basic square box fan? I'm not sure I can visualize what you did...I also have a closet on the other side of the one I am growing in and that is where I am venting my hot air into(that sucker is warm, let me tell ya!). I don't want to cut a giant hole in the wall since I already cut one to install the vent duct. I am thinking of increasing the ducting size with adapters to 6" or 8" and putting in a larger inline fan to suck cold air to the light. I can always put a window air conditioning unit into the room to cool the air that goes into the closet, but that would be a last resort. I have noticed that the high temp when I leave the door open is 86, so that isn't too bad, but I would like to get it down to around 78-82.

yes i did just cut a hole.. my lighting setup rght now i cant put up any pics to after 9 when the light turn on,, but thats pretty much all i did .. i tryed last night just having the fan between the closets... and not sucking from out side .. worked too keep it at 80... so like 6 degrees more but i think with moveing around the same air it was a little warmer.. i made a bunch of ice and a 10 gallon tub going to stick in the room with ice and water in front of the fan that sucks from the other room so it pulls the cold air.. still expreamenting, as i have no money to go out and buy stuff. at some point i am going to vent outside and suck are from out side,, but keep going though this closet to use as a chamber to either cool down the air or rasie the temp from the out side gets really cold ere in the winter..

even if you made the hole between the 2 closets bigger it will let more air to move around lowering temp.. you can also pull air from there to keep everythng dark .. i have my lights 9pm to 8am off peak electrric hours less money,, but i am not up at times to close everythng up so no light can get it,, so the closet next to it is my dark room i can get cold or wrm air into il try to remember to get the pics to night to show

Back
Top Bottom